advanced volume controls gone w/M-Audio Transit
Jun 18, 2006 at 8:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BigFNDeal

Head-Fier
OK, when I 1st got my transit, I realized the bass wasn't sounding great, however it turned out to be my fault since one of the connectors was not all the way plugged into my headphone amp. So that was fixed easy enough. But I was able to access the advanced audio controls in the Sounds & Audio Devices control panel.

Since then I had to reinstall Windows since I upgraded a few items and went to a RAID 0 setup. When I did that the advanced volume control was greyed out. Now, I disabled the onboard audio device in the BIOS and removed all my NVIDIA drivers for audio, AND completely reinstalled the transit, but I still see the advanced audio controls greyed out.

The problem with this is before I had the bass turned nearly all the way up in the advanced properties and my cans sounded great. Now, I don't really hear the bass as well.

The only thing that changed was my install of XP. I would prefer not to have to reinstall as I have what appears to be a finely tuned system otherwise, especialy for gaming.

My system specs are -

Asus P5N32SLI Dlx BIOS=0402 | PentD920 | PQI Turbo DDR2-667 2x1GB @ 4-4-4-11 | SLI 7800GTs @ 500/1100 - eVGA 7800gt N516 & xfx 7800gt | 2x NV Silencers | Nvidia Forceware 84.21 | 3DMark2006 = 6035 | ThermalTake BigTyphoon | Ultra X-Connect X2 550W (Silver)

Audio Specs in sig

Jun 18, 2006 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 4
You might want to try Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio devices -> Volume -> Advanced ...
and changing the setting from Headphones to Speakers, for example.
Don't know if that'll help but...
I've never used the Windows' bass/treble controls w/Transit, since I just use foobar2000.

Jun 18, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabi
You might want to try Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio devices -> Volume -> Advanced ...
and changing the setting from Headphones to Speakers, for example.
Don't know if that'll help but...
I've never used the Windows' bass/treble controls w/Transit, since I just use foobar2000.

Thats the problem, the Advanced Properties option is greyed out.

Jun 21, 2006 at 7:51 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi Steve. Are you referring to playing music? In that case what software are you using? You may not be able to use windows advanced options but these are rather crude in any case. Foobar comes with a built in equalizer and many other audio and video applications have options for DSP. Games would be the exception.
PS I've forgotten to give you feedback. I'll set up a heatware account and do so when I get the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back