Advanced Sound Model 3 Impressions Thread
Oct 7, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #47 of 157
Did anyone of you experience the sound going in and out when playing music while the phone is connected via wifi? am using S7 and it happened yesterday as well as today. 1st pairing it was ok and the sound and connection was great. I disconnected since i'm doing something and then reconnected and well, beats me, the sound is stuttering. I used a different player but same thing. Closed the M3 a couple of times and even unpaired it but it didn't work. After my 5th try it eventually worked and was able to play music flawlessly. I'm not sure if it's my phone since it happened at home and at work. Any suggestions or theories why it would cut off the sound like that? could it be an interference on my wifi connection? any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #48 of 157
  Did anyone of you experience the sound going in and out when playing music while the phone is connected via wifi? am using S7 and it happened yesterday as well as today. 1st pairing it was ok and the sound and connection was great. I disconnected since i'm doing something and then reconnected and well, beats me, the sound is stuttering. I used a different player but same thing. Closed the M3 a couple of times and even unpaired it but it didn't work. After my 5th try it eventually worked and was able to play music flawlessly. I'm not sure if it's my phone since it happened at home and at work. Any suggestions or theories why it would cut off the sound like that? could it be an interference on my wifi connection? any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I believe it's a problem with the on-board chipset. I have stuttering every time I begin playback for the first time per connection, but then it irons itself out. 

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #49 of 157
I believe it's a problem with the on-board chipset. I have stuttering every time I begin playback for the first time per connection, but then it irons itself out. 
aw, how long should I wait then? Coz when it stutters after 2secs or so I disconnect them them try again til I make it work. Tia

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #50 of 157
aw, how long should I wait then? Coz when it stutters after 2secs or so I disconnect them them try again til I make it work. Tia

Hello hael.  Have you tried rebooting your phone?  The BT chipset is tricky when it comes to compatibility with all devices and a lot of times rebooting the device irons out establishing stable connection.

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #51 of 157
Hello hael.  Have you tried rebooting your phone?  The BT chipset is tricky when it comes to compatibility with all devices and a lot of times rebooting the device irons out establishing stable connection.
I did, the first time it happened. Didn't fix the issue so I kept trying. I don't have another android phone here to test if it will do the same thing but will try tomorrow in the office. If it works fine then I guess it's a sign to go back to Sony again. Hehe. Ty

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #52 of 157

I usually wait ~15 seconds. It rarely ever takes that long to finish up, but that's the longest its taken so far.

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #54 of 157
thanks Cinder! Tried that and it did work after 10secs :blush:

Sure! I was a little dissappointed, but to be honest, Bluetooth is a fickle technology that was never developed with audio in mind, so I tend to let these things slide when they happen.

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #55 of 157
  Sure! I was a little dissappointed, but to be honest, Bluetooth is a fickle technology that was never developed with audio in mind, so I tend to let these things slide when they happen.

True, I still would recommend this given that issue with that BT connection. In fact, I've been using it since I got it. So for me it's not really a deal breaker. I can live with it and for $80 this is really a good buy.

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #56 of 157

True, I still would recommend this given that issue with that BT connection. In fact, I've been using it since I got it. So for me it's not really a deal breaker. I can live with it and for $80 this is really a good buy.

Exactly.

Oct 8, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #58 of 157
  I haven't had any issue with the BT connection/stability so far...

Device? Software version?

Devices with known issues:

HTC One M8:
    -Stock, Android 5.0 (Minor stutter)
    -S.Rom, Android 6.0 (Minor stutter)
Nexus 6P
    -Stock Android 7.0 (6-15 sec stutter on first play per connection)
    -Stock Android 6.0 (6-15 sec stutter on first play per connection)
    -Stock Android 6.1 (6-15 sec stutter on first play per connection)

Samsung Galaxy S7
    -Stock, Android 6.0 (10 sec stutter on first play per connection)

Oct 8, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #60 of 157

Apple iPhone 4 (don't know what iOS version; JailBreak performed with a few audio- and navigation-related software tweaks (none regarding Bluetooth)) and Nexus 7 2nd generation (latest FW).

Could you please check the specific iOS version? It would be helpful in order to pin down any possible information Advanced Sound might be able to use to rectify the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back