Advanced Sound Model 3 Impressions Thread
Sep 5, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #16 of 157
  I think they tweaked the driver and made improvements. Hopefully with that housing it has a larger stage too. So, if it was as good as a P1 and had BT adapter included I know I wouldn't charge $79.99 for it. 

Maybe shooting for Trinity Vyrus or similar priced replaceable single driver product is more realistic. If it can beat the Vyrus and also come stock with the BT adapter that would be quite good. Or maybe the similarly priced VSD5. If it can beat that in sound a bit and BT is not even an option for the Vsonic that would be nice.

Of course one can speculate that the mic cable included will leave some SQ on the table. Might be interesting to compare to the P1 with both using the P1's better cable and see how close it gets.

I could see a few P1 owners getting these as a lighter, cheaper "beater" and to add BT to the P1.

Yes, I agree. That's a much more reasonable approach. Let's try to not start another hype train, as those never end well.

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #17 of 157
I love my M4s, and these are also piquing my interest. They sound sonically like a slightly brighter SE215, and considering that the treble is the only part of the 215s I consider weak to any degree these might be right up my alley. Not that I'm looking to replace my 215s, but if something's good enough I feel like I have to take a look. 

My biggest question is whether or not we'll be able to get OEM replacement cables if/when the stock ones go bad. I know that there's tons of MMCX cables available, but not the wireless BT ones that are here. 

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #18 of 157
  I love my M4s, and these are also piquing my interest. They sound sonically like a slightly brighter SE215, and considering that the treble is the only part of the 215s I consider weak to any degree these might be right up my alley. Not that I'm looking to replace my 215s, but if something's good enough I feel like I have to take a look. 

My biggest question is whether or not we'll be able to get OEM replacement cables if/when the stock ones go bad. I know that there's tons of MMCX cables available, but not the wireless BT ones that are here. 

The Model 3 comes with both a standard MMCX cable and a BT MMCX cable. There are other companies that sell BT MMCX cables, but not for a reasonable price.

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #19 of 157
  The Model 3 comes with both a standard MMCX cable and a BT MMCX cable. There are other companies that sell BT MMCX cables, but not for a reasonable price.

And that's part of the reason why these are so intriguing to me. Bluetooth 4.1, aptX, a regular MMCX cable, plus the Bluetooth one. It's not like they skimped on battery life either. Up to 5 hours is perfectly acceptable, especially given the fairly short charge time (1.5 hours). Even at the regular price of 149 USD that would be pretty good. At the 79 USD they have listed right now...yeah. I'm curious to see the housing in person as it looks very similar to the one Tingker uses on their hybrid earphones. From what I've read it should be very comfortable.

I'm hoping the cable works with other earphones as well. Have a couple different models I would like to try it with.

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #22 of 157
@diddy808 @B9Scrambler I've spent about 1 hour with the Model 3, here are my brief initial impressions. Please note that these impressions were taken over Bluetooth on a random selection of songs off my phone, many of which are below my 320Kbps minimum I use on my reviews.

Also, note that these initial impressions are just that, initial. They are subject to change as I listen to the Model 3 more. Anywho, here they are.

-Same fantastic treble as the M4
-Lively and energetic upper range
-Realistic drum beats
-Good presentation of electric guitars
-Decent detail retrieval
-Warm sound, without sacrificing treble (which is paradoxical, but still true to my ears)

-Light build
-Intuitive Bluetooth controls, with comprehensive light notfications
-Easy connection and disconnection of MMCX connections
-Memory wire on the Bluetooth cable needs some work, as it doesn't actually hold too much "memory"

-Good memory foam eartips, though not as good as other Comply eartips
-Good micro-usb cable

Ask me any other questions you may have. I'll do my best to answer them.

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #25 of 157
Nice! Thanks for the impressions. How is the bass extension? I found the M4 dropped off a little early. The measurements showed the Model 3 rising where the M4 stated to dip.

Yes. In fact, the bass is quite good. I was listen to Green Day's American Idiot, and found the drums to be very lifelike, even over Bluetooth. I need some extra time with them to decide whether or not I think the bass is too aggressive for my tastes.

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #26 of 157
 I need some extra time with them to decide whether or not I think the bass is too aggressive.

Too aggressive bass? No such thing
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #27 of 157
  Too aggressive bass? No such thing
wink.gif

I feel you. I've yet to test it with any EDM or Dubstep, so I've still got some listening to do. Bear in mind, my impressions are very, very, initial. 

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #30 of 157
In theory, yes. However, the memory wire on the cable may give you some mixed results based on the form-factor of the IEMs you are trying to use it with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back