Feb 16, 2017 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Cinder

Formerly known as Res-Reviews

Evo X

Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors

$59.99

Official web-page

Wireless Audio Specifically Tuned for Work-out
ADVANCED Evo X sports wireless in-ear monitors use a set of quick and transient beryllium dynamic drivers that are specifically tuned for sports application in order to provide additional emphasis on the mid / treble details which tend to be lost during workout.  The resulting audio is stunning hi-fi even during your most intense training.

Designed for Sports
The Evo X is designed to provide the most secure-fit with minimal wiring.  The cable adjustment allows a tight fit of the cable behind your neck.  All ports and buttons are securely covered to protect the earphones from sweat.

Low-profile, Built-in Control Buttons
All of the Evo X's control buttons, port and microphone are built into the body of the earphones and this means that there is no separate in-line remote dangling from the cable.   The low-profile, built-in buttons allow you to be fully immersed in your workout while retaining the full functionality of remote/mic. 

5-hour Playing Time
The built-in battery allows up to 5-hours of continuous music playing.  The battery can be fully recharged in just 2-hours for continued listening.

Accessories
  1. 3 pairs of black foam tips
  2. 3 pairs of black silicone tips
  3. 1 premium carrying pouch
  4. 1 microUSB charging cable

//End of shameless copy and paste from Advanced's official page.

I've gotten my unit, and I'm excited to take it through it's paces at my local rock-climbing gym. I'll update this thread with my impressions, and after that my review, once I've had enough time to get acquainted with this IEM.

Feb 16, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 19
I've been using mine for a couple weeks now. Was planning to finish up and post my review tonight but I ran into an issue with my car and didn't get a chance to finish it up. Hoping to do that tomorrow and post for the weekend. I've been really enjoying them for daily out and about use. Ergonomics are killer. They'll be awesome for rock climbing and extreme sports. Very light and very secure.

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 19
  I've been using mine for a couple weeks now. Was planning to finish up and post my review tonight but I ran into an issue with my car and didn't get a chance to finish it up. Hoping to do that tomorrow and post for the weekend. I've been really enjoying them for daily out and about use. Ergonomics are killer. They'll be awesome for rock climbing and extreme sports. Very light and very secure.

Yep. My initial impressions on the boulder at my gym were good in terms of fit.

Feb 18, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #4 of 19
My review is live! I actually like these more than the Model 3 surprisingly enough. Sound quality isn't quite as good, but comfort and ergonomics are amazing. Way better than any other Bluetooth set I've tried.

​

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #5 of 19
Got a pair for review as well. This is my first wireless model. After a few hours, I pretty much like how YouTube, SoundCloud and other music services sound from Nexus 5. Not audiophile-grade sound, but for everyday listening the SQ is nice and detailed!

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #6 of 19
I enjoy the sound. They fit really well and are great for the gym. My only gripe so far is the range. They don't seem to work the best outside. I was walking the dog this morning and had my phone in my shorts pocket and it kept cutting out. Inside where the signal can reflect it works flawlessly. Regardless they are the best wireless headphones I have used and will be my go to headphones for EDC.

Feb 28, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #7 of 19
  I enjoy the sound. They fit really well and are great for the gym. My only gripe so far is the range. They don't seem to work the best outside. I was walking the dog this morning and had my phone in my shorts pocket and it kept cutting out. Inside where the signal can reflect it works flawlessly. Regardless they are the best wireless headphones I have used and will be my go to headphones for EDC.

Connection strength is something that could be improved for sure. Which pocket did you have the phone in? I only had the issue with it in my left pocket.

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #8 of 19

Connection strength is something that could be improved for sure. Which pocket did you have the phone in? I only had the issue with it in my left pocket.

I had it in my right pocket. They were gym shorts and I had my arm up holding the dog's leash. This morning it was windy and threatening rain, so I wore my jacket and put my phone in the right chest pocket. It worked great from there, it did not work in the left chest pocket. I can't help but wonder if it has to do with not having apt-x. To stream this quality of audio it has to be using most of the bandwidth available. So any interruption in signal would cause data loss.

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #9 of 19

I had it in my right pocket. They were gym shorts and I had my arm up holding the dog's leash. This morning it was windy and threatening rain, so I wore my jacket and put my phone in the right chest pocket. It worked great from there, it did not work in the left chest pocket. I can't help but wonder if it has to do with not having apt-x. To stream this quality of audio it has to be using most of the bandwidth available. So any interruption in signal would cause data loss.

We appreciate your feedback.  We will be investigating this more closely.

Mar 3, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #11 of 19
Enjoying this headset so far. Good sound, quick connection, good fit and very light weight. Would totally recommend this for working out.

One question though, while trying on ear tips, the wax guard shifted a little. Would this affect the sound quality?

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #12 of 19

I noticed the sound cuts out when I get emails on my phone. Other than that they work fine.

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #13 of 19
I've tried them in the gym and that works ok. Wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

But when wearing more clothes I get dropouts quite constant. Walked home from the gym yesterday, wearing jeans and a winter jacket, and had the phone (Sony Z5) in my front jeans pocket. That caused severe dropouts. I then moved the phone to my chest pocket, only 30cm away and from my head, but even then I got dropouts.

When writing this I have the headphones on and I only have to lay my arm on my front jeans pocket to break the sound.

I'm not pleased with that. My old Sony SHB-80 broke down but during the years they worked I never experienced connection issues like this. I would only recommend the Evo X to those that wear them with little clothing. I find them quite unusable when being dressed for Swedish weather.

Regards, Christian

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #14 of 19
I suspect a bad batch went out. This is the weather we're getting in my location recently (yesterday to be particular) and the only drops I get are when the phone is in my left pants pocket. That happens regardless of how bundled up I am. Signal strength could definitely be improved upon (that was the first con in my review) but even so it's not horrible as-is. 

@diddy808 That probably won't affect sound unless it's a tuning filter. You should try and move it back into place if you haven't already, just to ensure it doesn't fall off completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back