Ads with audio on the Forum
Apr 27, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #37 of 45

Quote:

Thanks, Phil. Please let me know if you see any others.

Will do, thanks Jude.  I haven't seen any more since then so hopefully it's fixed.

What happened to the targeted ads based on sites we visited?  Now we're getting totally random ones.  Maybe some guys want to purchase from Estée Lauder but not this guy. 
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #38 of 45
I think targeted ads are still around. As of now, April 27, 2012 at 5:40PM central US time. I visited Amazon to compare some SD cards and Amazon's SD card ads appeared just now from both of AdChoices' windows:

1) Right above the "Featured Sponsors"
2) Right beneath the "Headfi Sponsors"

I guess they are not as annoying as ads with audio.......

Apr 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #39 of 45

Quote:
I think targeted ads are still around. As of now, April 27, 2012 at 5:40PM central US time. I visited Amazon to compare some SD cards and Amazon's SD card ads appeared just now from both of AdChoices' windows:

1) Right above the "Featured Sponsors"
2) Right beneath the "Headfi Sponsors"

I guess they are not as annoying as ads with audio.......

Targeted ads and ads in general will always be around, it's used to support the site. It's ads with audio that detracts from the forum experience.

May 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #40 of 45
I just had a mobile phone ad start playing. This is the first in weeks, I'm glad to say.

browser = chrome

OT, I've been seeing some broken script on the headers. The next time it happens, I'll copy it and send it along. It doesn't bother me, exactly but does point to a problem somewhere.

May 17, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #43 of 45
Quote:
aaaannnnd they're back! Something about an easyswitch baby chair.

For ****'s sake, really? I'm sorry, GigaFi. I haven't seen it yet, but I'll make sure a ticket is submitted posthaste. I suspect this may have something to do with something that reverted after what I believe was a platform maintenance update earlier.

Again, I'm sorry.

May 17, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #44 of 45
And to help the tech team with tracking down these audio ads, screenshots and the URL the ad targets can also help, so if you see/hear an offending ad and can capture any of that information, it will help us in nipping the ad in the bud.  

Edit: The tech team say that the following information in these cases will help them track it down quicker:

1. A screenshot of the ad itself
  1. What brand/product the ad is promoting
  2. Where it appears on the page
  3. Text of embed code (for those who get HTML -- If you know how to Inspect an element in Chrome or if you use Firebug)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back