Ads by Google on Head-Fi?
Jan 18, 2005 at 7:10 AM Post #3 of 65
Looks like it's only in the member's forum. I haven't checked all the other forums though. The placement is kinda annoying but not as bad as avsforum or something like that.

Jan 18, 2005 at 7:16 AM Post #4 of 65
A new feature? Or has Google hacked into Head-fi?

Anyone notice Bose.com ad there?
eek.gif

What's next Monster cable sponsorship?

-Ed

Jan 18, 2005 at 7:23 AM Post #5 of 65
Heh, if it pays the bills. I'm pretty sure this place is costing jude a gajillion dollars a month to keep running. As long as there aren't online dating or "enhancement" type ads, I can deal. (ya know, the ones revolving around the male member)

Still, it does feel weird. Plus the paint scheme doesn't match.

Jan 18, 2005 at 7:25 AM Post #6 of 65
I have no problem with them either. Pays the bills and all. I'm used to them all over the place anyway. Actually for a change of pace I would preffer Yahoo or Ebay adds instead.

Jan 18, 2005 at 7:38 AM Post #8 of 65
Why does dropping the number of posts per page indicate a "cut back" so to speak? The bandwidth that sending expra posts/page uses or what?

Jan 18, 2005 at 7:49 AM Post #9 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
Why does dropping the number of posts per page indicate a "cut back" so to speak? The bandwidth that sending expra posts/page uses or what?

I think that the extra posts tend to tax the server resources more to generate so probably as a stop gap, Jude has cut them back to keep things running more smoothly...

Jan 18, 2005 at 8:44 AM Post #11 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
I guess things must be going downhill, first ads, then a drop back to only 20 posts/page.

Yeah, surely the sign of the apocalypse. Actually, it is a good idea. Even just a few extra bucks a month helps support hosting this site at a tier-1 data center on enterprise class hardware.

Jan 18, 2005 at 9:38 AM Post #12 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by neil
Yeah, surely the sign of the apocalypse. Actually, it is a good idea. Even just a few extra bucks a month helps support hosting this site at a tier-1 data center on enterprise class hardware.

And also to enjoy the irony of getting money from a "sponsor" whose products get bashed here on a regular basis.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Jan 18, 2005 at 10:20 AM Post #13 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
And also to enjoy the irony of getting money from a "sponsor" whose products get bashed here on a regular basis.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

or the irony of getting most click-through via head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back