Adobe Audition CS5.5 for PC and Mac users.
Sep 10, 2011 at 5:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Megaohmz

Head-Fier
I have been using Adobe Audition CS5.5 for a few weeks now and I am totally impressed with it. Just to say "I am hard to impress". This is the best remastering software I have used to date and I love it to death. It is VST plugin compatable, but you really dont need VSTs in this. I love my VSTs but I use them minamally in Audition. It even has a 30 band EQ with over 8000 samples per second accuracy! The features are incredible but I do have a bone to pick. I dont like the fact that you can't open up multiple audio files and string them side by side to remaster an entire album. You have to remaster one song, then export it, then import the next song and reapply the last remastering settings rack to the file. It takes longer to do a whole album, but the sound quality is unsupassed. I just got the ASIO4ALL v2.9 virtual sound card and started fiddling with it comparing how this handles a 20000hz wave and other frequencies compared to my laptops MME. I am using my old school Bell and Howell Schools O-scope to compare. I saw a difference in the sinewave, but it looks like the ASIO makes it louder by 10% or so. It is still up in the air which one is better. I see a little bit of noise or fuzz when I use the ASIO, but I am not sure if it is noise or if it is my O-scope messing with me. I guess I'll have to make identical tracks and just use my ears like always.

All that being said, does anyone else use AA CS5.5 and do you like it?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back