Admit your "fanboyism"
Jul 6, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #48 of 57
The Doors 1968-present.
(would be 67 if you count heard rather than bought)

'Soundtrack of my life' you bet.

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #50 of 57
Led Zeppelin - the only definite here. Own all the albums and honestly can say that there isn't one song that I don't like.

Pink Floyd - pretty much fanboy, but don't have all of their albums (missing the early stuff like Piper and Umma). But PF and LZ have been my soundtrack.

Rush - they keep rising up my list.

Beatles - but only their later stuff (Rubbersoul forward).

Dave Matthews Band - in college and law school, thought they were the best thing since sliced bread. Saw them a few times live, including Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds in a small (1000 seat) venue (which was awesome). They've slipped a bit though.

Jul 6, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My freshman room mate was the biggest fan boy I've every met. He didn't own a stereo so he had ever Jimmy Buffet album in LP, cassette, and 8 track figuring one of his room mates would be able to play one of the formats. He didn't own any other music.

That's a bit strange.
basshead.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Daft Punk. If you don't like them, either die or sell your gear.

Years ago I went to a wharehouse party and had bought the first DP album that day so was carrying it around in my jacket pocket. I had them put it on but most of the people there thought it was too strange. I loved it though and I'm no young pup.

Jul 6, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #54 of 57
SCREAMING TREES!

Jul 7, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #55 of 57
Man, I've always been a music geek with lots of "fanboy" favs. Husker Du (see avatar), Joy Division, Built To Spill, and Neil Young. Most of those mentioned I will fall in and out with over the years. The one I can confidently and proudly say I am a fanboy of would be Tom Waits. I have never tired of him since the day I was introduced to him. He continues to blow my mind with each new release.

Jul 7, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #56 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalManCPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Project Hate MCMXCIX - this bands music is amazing to me. There is a certain power to their music that grips me.

Excellent, I enjoy them too, a little too much. I actually don't know many other people who know of them, whether metalheads or not.

"Symphony of the Deceived" is my personal favorite.

Though I'm currently obsessed with:

Rammstein.
Gothminister.
Gojira.
Dredg.
Nokturnal Mortum.

My continued obsessions are:

Pink Floyd.
Charlotte Gainsbourg.
Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
Foreigner.

Users who are viewing this thread