Adidas Originals x Monster Headphone !
Apr 4, 2014 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

SonyMDRer

New Head-Fier
I loved the design of the Sennheiser X Adidas HD25. I did not even know Adidas also did one with Monster...anyone tried them? 

I'm not a Monster fan, but I am a big fan of Adidas (and I think design wise, it looks awesome!), so this obviously made me very curious 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 13
I always thought that Adidas would keep with Senn. Maybe they're not seeing the success that they were looking for in the products.

To be honest, I think that Monster gets a lot of flac for what they've made, especially for the Dr. Dre collaboration, which I don't think is quite as waranted as some people think.
Most of their products are ok, and I doubt that this is going to be an exception, it just seems that sometimes their prices can get out of hand, especially since they want the consumer to believe that they are owning a premium product, when the only thing that is really premium is the looks.

TL;DR if the price is affordabe, should be ok, but won't match the performance of other headphones within the price range that are marketed to audiophiles.

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 13
  Lol I noticed there is Diesel Monster's too. ******* dumb

Had no idea. Yes it is stupid, Monster really trying to money grub. I remember that they had that $1k HDMI cable. 
Are you serious!? $1k!?
Don't worry, they're still makng their money from all the rich uneducated people who think that price is the only thing that matters, and are dumb enough to believe that price = performance.

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #6 of 13
Mar 1, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 13
These are definitely the most underrated headphones in their price range, the sound is phenomenal. 

note: I was actually talking about the $250 price range, at $99, nothing else even comes close. 

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #9 of 13
Oh, so they're even cheaper and in stock at Amazon.com - $95:

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Adidas-Originals-Headphones-Black-128554/dp/B00KVP5KY0/

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aadidas%20headphones

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #11 of 13
Directly comparing these to the Sony MDR-100aap on an iPhone 6S Plus.............Adidas is louder, has more treble and clarity, but less bass. The Sony has a better soundstage and overall warmer feel. 

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #12 of 13
Had no idea. Yes it is stupid, Monster really trying to money grub. I remember that they had that $1k HDMI cable. 
Are you serious!? $1k!?
Don't worry, they're still makng their money from all the rich uneducated people who think that price is the only thing that matters, and are dumb enough to believe that price = performance.

Monster by Mulliner Bentley GT

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #13 of 13
I got two pairs on a trade for my old B&O A8's (which were the worst headphones I had). One for my son, one for me. I thought that worst case scenario, I could give them away later.

Was I surprised. For the price I paid (I dunno. About $80 each?) they are superb. I enjoy them far more than the Grados I used to own (SR-60, 80, 125). Sometimes, I think they are better than the original Momentum on ears I have. Compared to them, I find the Momentums to have a dip on the upper bass, which makes them sound a bit cold and sterile, while the Adidas are fuller and warmer sounding.

If I was asked to describe their sound, much to my suprise, I'd call them extremely balanced, with just a hint of warmness. Think of the tonality of a Sennheiser HD-600, and these are not far off. They are neutral, which is the most valuable sound quality any headphone would have. They simply sound right.

Now - they are not detailed, and they are certainly not audiophile headphones. You will never reach for these when listening to audiophile recordings. But they make everything sound good and relaxed. In this regard, I'd rather have these headphones that many other "brand name" ones.

Their biggest defect is - since they really aren't detailed, by any means, they can become boring in the long run. BUT - they are so balanced and neutral, I don't care. 

Well, that and the fact they are too flashy and "in your face" for me. My son thinks they are extremely cool, FWIW.

Very pleasantly surprised. For $80 or so, they are a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back