Adhesive Mounting PCB Standoffs
Mar 16, 2006 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nerull

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone know where to find these inside the US? I've looked far and wide and to no avail...
confused.gif

~Tom

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 8
I wouldn't use something as potent as epoxy. What happens if you wish to change the boards. A normal standoff and double sided tape would be the ticket. At least then you can pry it off with a screwdriver without too much damage to the chassis.

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #5 of 8
Must the standoffs be self-adhesive? I generally avoid using these because over time the adhesive dries up. Also, these tend to be made of plastic and they become brittle with age and break. In either case the board might come loose.

Mar 17, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #6 of 8
If you must have these.. Mouser carrries them - Electromechanical section.. page 1380 3M Bottom of page..

I'll be putting an order in with them sometime soon. PM me if ya want me to attach them to my order.

Mar 17, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #7 of 8
I fully agree with amb. I bolt everything to a steel plate and use antishake washers on the bottom of all my cases.

That said there are times where thoes adhesive standoffs are a must. Like installing an XO-3 Clock into a cdplayer where mounting holes are few and far between.

Mar 17, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #8 of 8
Also, if you know any computer geek.. check with him. Some cases come with a few adhesive standoffs made of a softer rubber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back