Address Book gmail/Phone/etc
Oct 10, 2008 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

stevenjchang

500+ Head-Fier
i'm a college student who just entered the work field, i've never kept a organized electronic address book before.

I want to keep one set that can be important into anything else i might need, i use gmail, lg phone (soon to be bb), palm pda.

from what i can tell so far the microsoft outlook format is the one format that is importable to anything else.

1) is there something else?
2) is there a good program that manages microsoft outlook address book better than microsoft outlook

what do you guys use, what's the best format or program out there

thank you

Oct 11, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 5
Since you are probably highly mobile, I strongly recommend Gmail/Google for both your email and address book. I use Google online apps for almost everything, and the price is right (free). With Google Gears, most of those apps can be used when not online. Another nice thing about Gmail is that it's IMAP, so your mail is the same & synchronized no matter where you access it.

Outlook is the corporate standard, but I wouldn't put anything of my own on it. Just use it at work and be done with it. Just an opinion.

[It's not for everyone, but I have put everything into "The Cloud". (The Cloud Computing concept is just that data and applications exist in "The Internet Cloud" instead of on your own computer or storage equipment.) I figure that if I can trust an airline pilot with my life, I can trust Google with my data.]

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #3 of 5
Are u looking for a Free program? ..Thunderbird is also an email client which can manage contacts ..u can import/export contacts and save them as a backup.

oh btw..this Thunderbird is made by mozilla..the same guys who made Firefox.

honestly Outlook 2007 is much better..i dont know why u dont want it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back