Additional mid driver for Remolded UE superfi 5 pro
Mar 26, 2010 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Artemka

New Head-Fier
Hi. Just sent my UE 5 Pro for remold to Inearz. Can anyone tell me if I should have this additional mid drivers installed in the headphones? How does it affect sound quality.
smily_headphones1.gif
When I listened to my UE 5 pro I kinda lucked midrange of sound. Does this mid drivers really enhance sound quality? Is it worth it?
Thanks in advance)

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #2 of 7
I'd be surprised if they can add a mid driver to the superfi 5 pro - isn't that a dynamic driver IEM? If they can do it, you'd probably be the first to upgrade that iem. I think you'd be better off starting with something like a TF10. Or an SE530 and adding a treble driver.

On my TF10's, adding a mid driver was a huge improvement. It gave a much more intimate sound, with lush & detailed vocals. Probably the only thing that suffered a bit was soundstage, since the vocals were brought in so much closer.

Mar 27, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by PolloLoco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be surprised if they can add a mid driver to the superfi 5 pro - isn't that a dynamic driver IEM? If they can do it, you'd probably be the first to upgrade that iem. I think you'd be better off starting with something like a TF10. Or an SE530 and adding a treble driver.

On my TF10's, adding a mid driver was a huge improvement. It gave a much more intimate sound, with lush & detailed vocals. Probably the only thing that suffered a bit was soundstage, since the vocals were brought in so much closer.

I am talking about the UE super-fi 5 pro.
So, this is impossible to add additional mid driver to them? I am new to his stuff...I always though TF10's had three drivers in them and UE super 5 pro had two, therefore one more could be added. I also have seen couple of guys here that have their UE superfi 5 pro remolded with a mid driver. For example this guy - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - View Profile: irjoe (Sorry for using your profile in my post) Could somebody clarify this for me, please?
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #6 of 7
No, it won't be impossible but it's not simply a case of putting an extra driver in and casing it up. Because you have the freq. range across three drivers instead of two you need a new crossover. It depends on the crossover whether you get the midrange you want. Why don't you shoot that guy a pm or ask inearz what they strive for with their service?? I should imagine anyone doing this will set it up so they address the weaknesses in the iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back