Addition to Grado SR80?
Jun 16, 2014 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Maxxtr0

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

a couple of years ago I bought a pair of used SR80s (as recommended here on the forums) and really enjoyed them in combination with the headphone output of my speaker amplifier - but I had to stop using it because of space problems.
Now I own a proper headphone amplifier and DAC and started to use them again - i still like them a lot!

What I am looking for is a pair of headphones with a bit more bass for electronic music, maybe a little bit softer highs. But they should still reproduce the music as accurate as possible!
What I found so far are the Sennheiser HD650, the Beyer DT770 and the AKG K701! They also define my price range - about 300€ (~400USD) maximum.

Best whishes,

Max

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 5
Hello everyone,

a couple of years ago I bought a pair of used SR80s (as recommended here on the forums) and really enjoyed them in combination with the headphone output of my speaker amplifier - but I had to stop using it because of space problems.
Now I own a proper headphone amplifier and DAC and started to use them again - i still like them a lot!

What I am looking for is a pair of headphones with a bit more bass for electronic music, maybe a little bit softer highs. But they should still reproduce the music as accurate as possible!
What I found so far are the Sennheiser HD650, the Beyer DT770 and the AKG K701! They also define my price range - about 300€ (~400USD) maximum.

Best whishes,

Max

As direct (and in my opinion better) alternatives to those three, also take a look at:

Sennheisr HD600
Beyer DT880
AKG K612 Pro

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 5
Strong recommendation for the HD 650's. I haven't owned them for very long but I am REALLY loving them, and super impressed w/ their audio. As of now I think they are my favorites out of everything I own.

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 5
Hello!

@sinnottj: Thanks, I'll have a look at the AKG K612 Pros as they look pretty good to me!

@thievesarmy: What other headphones do you have? I'd be glad if you could let me know over which phones you prefer them :)

Best regards,

Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back