Adding juice to the Porta Corda?
Jun 29, 2002 at 3:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Fenster

100+ Head-Fier
How do I add voltage to the porta corda? External battery pack? If so, how do I do this? (I believe it was Nezer who said that the PC really responds to added voltage).

Thanks!

Jun 30, 2002 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 4
If i remember correctly, a regular porta corda can accept up to 27-28v thus you are free to make any combo battery pack up to 27v.

i use a psu 24v 1amp at home and the porta corda does respond well to the extra juice.

Jun 30, 2002 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 4
When using a 24v 1amp battery pack, are you feeding the porda corda a constant 24 volts? Or are the batteries running in parallel to feed it a constant 9 volts for a longer life? Sorry if I'm coming off as a little bit slow here, I'm just not very familiar with electrical applications and I want to be safe about this. A constant 24 volts wont melt my amp will it?

Jul 1, 2002 at 2:31 AM Post #4 of 4
A constant 28 volts will not damage the amp. Keep in mind though if you want to use an unregulated walwart supply instead of batteries, that the rated voltage is for a fully loaded condition and it will deliver higher voltages at lower currents like the porta corda requires. If you get a regulated 24 volt walwart supply you should be fine, and it can be a lot cheaper than batteries in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back