Adding Itunes to a new laptop?
Nov 11, 2008 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tnmike1

Headphoneus Supremus
Would do a forum search but don't know how to do it in a few words. So here's the new thread:

Just got a new laptop, our first. My Itunes is on a main computer. I know my Apple ID and password. So how do I get my music out of my Ipod onto the new laptop?? Download Itunes on the new laptop, enter my Apple user info and sync? Or do I need one of those programs designed to safely transfer music from Ipod to laptop (I have one of those programs so can use it). Don't want to mess up the Ipod with al my music so thought I'd post here first.

Nov 11, 2008 at 12:37 PM Post #2 of 3
You need to use one of those applications designed for that task.
iTunes wont allow you to transfer music from your iPod.

Nov 11, 2008 at 12:48 PM Post #3 of 3
As krmathis said, iTunes is one of the least transfer friendly programs out there. If you have music which you've ripped from CD and wish to transfer from one computer to another you can do this in a number of ways (USB cable connecting computers, burning CD's, DVD's, or Blu-Ray Disks, or using Flash or external hard drives to transfer).

If you have music that you have downloaded from iTunes, iTunes will only let you download music once (To prevent copyright infringement, they say.) And therefore you need to transfer it over manually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back