Adding ERS Papered Genesis XLR interconnect gives better sound?
Mar 12, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #17 of 36
Not many others have K1000, Genesis and ERS paper around here. Hence a bit hard to confirm your findings.
As long as you are pleased its fine though...
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I posted my Genesis power cable thread in the cables forum and it was moved here. I'm confused, where will I post?

maybe just stick to youtube then?

No one is going to 'confirm your findings'.

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #21 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bitter much?

When one person posts the same thing over and over, and it has nothing to do with the forum it occupies, yes.

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When one person posts the same thing over and over, and it has nothing to do with the forum it occupies, yes.

posted the same thing over and over?

I've never actually seen him start two identical threads

and it surely has to do with this forum, "covering headphones, earphones, and portable audio", pretty sure the K1000 and modifications to such classify as appropriate?

but god forbid we upset the forum-nazi, he might throw bricks at us!

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #23 of 36
Instead of ers paper, why don't you just build a big faraday cage around your entire set up, Patrick? That would stop all interference.

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

posted the same thing over and over?

I've never actually seen him start two identical threads

and it surely has to do with this forum, "covering headphones, earphones, and portable audio", pretty sure the K1000 and modifications to such classify as appropriate?

but god forbid we upset the forum-nazi, he might throw bricks at us!

His posts in the summit section have been about cables and speakers, both of which fit rather conveniently in the Quote:

'Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories'

sub-forum. With the added benefit of not polluting this sub-forum with repetitive shots of toilet paper rolls gift wrapped around whatever sliced and diced wire was purchased this week.

The nazi thing is also quite ingenious. Think of that all on your own?

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bitter much?

and zephyr: how would it reduce the quality, if its just adding shielding? (unless I'm misunderstanding your question)

You definitely misunderstood. My question was like.

It's shielding.
Let's say you get 8% of RFI and EMI.
Add ERS.
Reduces RFI and EMI to 0%.
My question is;
How would that be "improving" if it's just shielding and getting the 0%, which is what it already should have been to begin with?

Seriously, the word "improve" has been highly abused, shielding should not be "improving" the quality. It should just be "reducing the interference and returning the quality back to what it originally was".

In another anatomy, it's like some third party software which reduces the "loudness" in digital music files. Oh how I wish that software was real.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back