Adding a subwoofer to Fiio E10K + 2.0 Studio Monitors
Jun 26, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #16 of 18
Alright!

Amazon One-Day Free Shipping!

I think it seriously arrived in about 12 hours from the time I ordered to the time it arrived.

It came packaged VERY well, high quality foam on all sides, especially top and bottom.  Good, thick instructional manual.  Warranty card, etc..

Setup was a breeze and it sounds great.  Below are the settings I am using.  It blended in with my Samson's seamlessly and didn't take me long at all to figure out what I should set the filter to.

I haven't tried really cranking the thing.  Mainly because that is not how I like my music, and because it is plenty strong the way it is.  I only have the volume on my PC at about 50% as well, so I imagine that this thing can thump if given the opportunity.

I immediately felt more life in my music.  Rodrigo Y Gabriela songs really bring you into the show.  Movies/Shows now have that immersive quality to them.  I was also pleasantly surprised that dialogue in these shows is so much more audible.  Not that it was bad or anything before, but it is now highlighted in a good way.

The Auto Power mode thing is not working for me, so I am just going to have it "backwards" with the dials and knobs facing me for easy access to turn on and off as necessary.

Overall, I'm super happy with the purchase.  Thank you everyone who helped me out with this!

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #17 of 18
Oh, yeah. I bet R&G does sound better. Gabriela's thumping on the guitar has to be much more pronounced :)

It's not just special effects that the sub produces that makes movies better, IMO. It's the fact that sub bass frequencies are unidirectional, so a sub tends to bring out the soundstage some, in my experience.

You might have fun trying some of the four to five star movies in this list: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1333462-new-master-list-bass-movies-frequency-charts.html

Jun 26, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #18 of 18
Oh, yeah. I bet R&G does sound better. Gabriela's thumping on the guitar has to be much more pronounced
smily_headphones1.gif

It's not just special effects that the sub produces that makes movies better, IMO. It's the fact that sub bass frequencies are unidirectional, so a sub tends to bring out the soundstage some, in my experience.

You might have fun trying some of the four to five star movies in this list: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1333462-new-master-list-bass-movies-frequency-charts.html

Nice! Another R&G fan!

Yea, the sub really just took my audio experience to the next level, I'm so pleased.  I just favorited that link, so I will have to check out those bass-y movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back