Adding a pre amp output onto a woo WA6 ?
Oct 25, 2009 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

woolnerc

Head-Fier
im looking to get a tube amp to run from my apogee duet, for my headphones.(325is and hd600/650 when i can make my mind up)

thinking about a wa6. with the the princess Sophia and pseudo duel power option.

i want the option of linking active monitors to the amp out the back. woo audio said they can add this extra pre amp option, for an additional $130. thats fine.

the total price ends up just below 1000usd.
has anyone else done this?
how do you find it?
do you have any pictures showing the mod?

if im making the wrong decision. let me know or offer an alternative.
ps...it was to work in both 110v and 220v.

Nov 5, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 8
well i take it from the lack of interest or posts for that matter, that this mod is not common one or the right thing to do.

the lack of any real info on the mod has got me second guessing, if this is the right choice?

Nov 6, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #4 of 8
the preamp added to woo6 wouldn't be that great, but good enough for general usage if that's what you are asking.

Nov 15, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 8
I had Jack add it to a 5LE. It was done a year ago. The price was a lot more than your quote. To tell you the truth I have not done a lot a A/ Bing with it so I can't describe the quality. He put a small switch on one of the normal 5 non LE speaker binding post outlet. High headphone works all the time. Low goes to amp or switched to headphone.

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
keep your wa6 for headphones and get a nice DAC for your active monitors

iv already got the apogee duet which can go to the monitors, just thought if didnt want such an analytical sound and more hi fi sounding would be nice to get the warmer sounds of a tube amp.

was looking for a headphone amp , just thought it would be good if it could do this aswell.

from what i read, and hear myself the duet is a very good dac. interested if you have the same opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back