adding 2nd iPod to my PC???
Dec 16, 2005 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

redrich2000

Headphoneus Supremus
I have just gotten a new iPod with the Red Wine iMod. I already have an iPod with iTunes installed on my PC. The new iPod came from the US (I am in Australia I got the old iPod here).

When I plugged the new one into my PC it prompted me to restore factory settings, which I did. Now my PC doesn't recognise it when I plug it in. Do I need to install a second copy of iTunes or do something else with the iPod to get iTunes to recognise it?

Help...

Dec 16, 2005 at 6:42 AM Post #2 of 2
Your copy of iTunes can work with multiple iPods (we have four in our family). Some questions:

1. Was the iPod new or used?
2. If used was it setup on the same OS that you use? (Mac OS or Windows)
3. Have you tried downloading the latest version of the iPod OS from Apple and loading that onto the device?

I ask these as I had an iPod as an ex-demo from a local computer shop that had been setup for use with Windows, when I came to use this with my Mac, everything appeared to load okay, but it would reset when playing Podcasts. Even after reformating/reloading the iPod the problem would not go away so I ended up trading it to a Windows friend. It works fine on his system.

Regards,

ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back