ADDIEM's are better than your IEMs because...
Jan 21, 2012 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

circa86

New Head-Fier
...customer service is a thing of absolute beauty.

I am a huge fan of the overall build, sound, and design of the ADDIEM's. They are absolutely perfect for my listening needs when I am on the go. In fact I have owned 3 pairs since they were released, all purchased brand new at an Apple store. One pair I accidentally destroyed in a way that would have destroyed any pair of headphones. The second two pairs I have used and loved for quite some time and having not really made any efforts to be careful with them have worked perfectly for me (just coiling them up and putting them in my pocket with no case). 

Out of nowhere each pair developed a minor issue (one had part of the rubber separate near an earbud, another a straight clicking sound whenever I would listen from an iPhone at max volume and max volume only). I walked into a random Apple store, explained the situation, and walked out 5 mins later with two brand new pairs with no questions asked.

No RMA service, no warranty questions (ADDIEM's have no serial numbers or date of purchase that is relevant), if your issue is a reasonable one, you can get brand new replacements, even though they technically have a 1 year warranty. Not having headphones being your main focus as a company gives you HUGE advantages from a customer service point of view.

Also because I know people are always interested and make such a huge fuss about break-in periods. I don't believe ADDIEM's have any real break-in period. To my ears brand new replacements sound wonderfully identical to the two different pairs I have listened to for a few years. They are beautifully consistent.

Also, they are excellent headphones disguised as the worlds most common headphone in the world, so not a single person bothering you about your choice in headphones because they assume you "don't understand". 

Ignorance is bliss... (Harp sound)

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 4
I agree with the above...  They will replace your ADDIEMs no questions asked on the spot (assuming they have them in stock).  I did hear a difference though when I swapped out ADDIEMs (I kept old tips to ensure nothing changed).  The mid-bass, to my ears, recessed during the original break in and when I got the new headphones.

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 4
The stock medium size tips fit my ears perfectly and I greatly prefer brand new tips to ones that have lost some of their rigidity. Another thing I didn't note is that if you happen lose one of your tips you can just book a tech support appointment, for Mac or iPhone really, and they should almost always be able to hook you up with replacement tips as long as they have them available. Most stores should have some.

I think the tips affect the sound more than the drivers to be honest. At least in terms of a break-in period. The tips absolutely start to get more flexible over time as you use them more. Glad others have had great experiences getting them replaced with no issues.

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
The stock medium size tips fit my ears perfectly and I greatly prefer brand new tips to ones that have lost some of their rigidity. Another thing I didn't note is that if you happen lose one of your tips you can just book a tech support appointment, for Mac or iPhone really, and they should almost always be able to hook you up with replacement tips as long as they have them available. Most stores should have some.

I think the tips affect the sound more than the drivers to be honest. At least in terms of a break-in period. The tips absolutely start to get more flexible over time as you use them more. Glad others have had great experiences getting them replaced with no issues.

Small stock tips do it for me (and I've tested too many tips to count :p) :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back