Add slider to cable?
Mar 20, 2019 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jaymann

New Head-Fier
Got some kanas pro but cable does not have a slider and I can’t get cable routing behind the ears. Has anyone added a slider to a cable? I tried a rubber band but did not last, zip tie was too tough to wound that tight... ideas?

Mar 20, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 7
If you have kids... Cut off a piece of pipe cleaner.
If you have bread... Cut off a piece of twist tie
If you're a teenager... Carry a small bag of braces rubber bands in your IEM case.
If you're into DIY... A small portion of slightly-too-large heatshrink.
If you're into the outdoors... A very light duty cord cinch or cord lock.
If you're an oilman or a cowboy... A bolo tie clip/slider.*
If you're a sailor... A string tied into a riding hitch.

*I'd have mad respect** if I saw somebody wearing something like this on their earphones cable:
s-l300.jpg

**Or maybe I'd judge them. Probably I'd judge them. But if you can pull it off, you totally should.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 7
Omg that is hilarious!!! Sounds like you have done it all and I just had not thought too long about it. Lots of options to try! Thanks.

Again lmao

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 7
Got some kanas pro but cable does not have a slider and I can’t get cable routing behind the ears. Has anyone added a slider to a cable? I tried a rubber band but did not last, zip tie was too tough to wound that tight... ideas?

I use a stiff twist tie on my KZ cable. Still able to slide up and down without much effort but stays in place under normal use (ie at most I run up and down stairs trying to catch a train).

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #6 of 7
Yes I did a tie last night although I did not get it from a loaf of bread as megabigeye suggested :) but I just opened a KZ cable I had just got in the mail, it had a tie that was short and stiff and no pointed ends. I coil wrapped it a few times with the right tension and then the rest around the outside of the coil that built it up for grip. It does the job that I needed.

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #7 of 7
Omg that is hilarious!!! Sounds like you have done it all and I just had not thought too long about it. Lots of options to try! Thanks.

Again lmao
Actually, have never had the need. But it's good to know I'm full of ideas.

Glad to make you laugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back