Adcom GDA-600 DAC? Comments?
May 13, 2006 at 7:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JaGWiRE

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey, I saw a Adcom GDA-600 DAC go up for sale on some local audio forums at a fairly cheap price (cheaper then a new zhalou), and was wondering if anybody had impressions. I really want a zhalou, but I don't want to pay shipping across the country, and don't have a paypal so money order is the only real option I supose and shipping money that far scares me. According to the seller:
Dual 20 bit Burr Brown, coax, AES\EBU and optical connections. Detachable power cord. The phase is also adjustable.

Any comments? Is it worth considering as a purchase? Going to be used with my computer, maybe future dvd player (denon 2200, 2900, or pioneer elite av47), and maybe 360 for gaming. I have hd-600's, and no amp atm (maybe gilmore lite in the future.)

May 14, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #2 of 6
I had one years ago. I believe I was using a California labs Icon II as a transport. Anyways, it was exceptionally musical in its day for the money. Definitely better than the icon on its own. I wish I could remember more details about the sound other than it had a very smooth top end (in my system) and really clean extended bass(in my system). Hope this helps.

May 14, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 6
If it's a good deal then I'd say go for it. I've owned (and currently use) a couple of Adcom CD players and they sound really good. They are musical and the components are built like tanks.

May 14, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks, it's $125, any more comments on the specs listed above? Has anyone compared these to popular dacs like the zhalou or lavry? The price seems good, but I don't want to take a risk for something that is not garunteed.

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 6
i have an interest in this dac, which is at this point extremely ancient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back