AD900x w/ E07k DAC/Amp???? Advice Please
May 13, 2018 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

AStorms13

New Head-Fier
So I currently own the E07k from a few years ago, got them for my ATH-M50s (probably didn't need the amp honestly). But regardless, I'm looking for a pair of open headphones. I like the AD900x and have seen that they do lack in some bass. I'm not a "basshead", as some would say, but I like some good bass here and there. Will the bass boost on the E07k help fix that (while maintaining quality)?

For preferences, I tend to listen to a lot of Rock, classic rock and alternative, but mainly I do lots of gaming with friends. The main reason for open headphones is so I can use a mic without yelling just so I can hear myself speak or use the windows playback function. Also, positional audio for FPS would be a nice bonus. I currently use the M50's.

Thanks!

May 13, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 2
I have the AD900X -- and used to have the E07K, but unfortunately don't have it at the moment or I would test it immediately, but I'd say it's definitely worth a try.

The nice thing about the E07K is that you can adjust the bass boost level, which is unique since most other amps will have a simple bass boost. Zeos at Z-Reviews, when he reviewed the AD900X, did use a bass boost (think he was using the Oppo HA-2, which has a simple bass boost toggle) when testing it with some electronic music and seemed to think it did well with that, if that helps a little bit....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back