AD900x Sizing
May 14, 2018 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AStorms13

New Head-Fier
I currently own the ATH M50s and is them on the smallest setting. I also have a taller head (as opposed to round) and was wondering if someone could give some perspective how they would compare to the AD900x. Just a bit worried about the fit as I see a fair amount of people complain they're loose.

May 16, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 3
I own the AD900X time for me to chime in! They do lean on the bigger side but more so on the fat head more than the narrow and tall head. The start out fairly compact vertically but as you put the headphones on you pull down on them until they reach ear height and you release. Now they have very light clamp and if your head is very narrow you may end up with more pressure lower on your skull near your jaw then on top leading to comfort issues. For better clamp you can do the rubber band mod on the 2 wings but its a slight change and hurts comfort ever so slightly.

May 16, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 3
The rubber band... okay neoprene hair tie.. mod kept my ATH-AD700 from sliding down my head. It also relieved the clamping on the jaw and the non seal at the top of the pad. Even better so would be vertically angled pads- wider at the top in combination with the hair tie mod on the wings. As you can see in my avatar..my ears are high on my head so most headphones don't fit ideally. Especially vintage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back