AD900 sound?
Jul 21, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #16 of 17
Well, I would say two things. First, I am very sensitive to high frequencies - so what I consider fatiguing is probably pretty tame to many. Second, seeing as the ad900s seem to endlessly sound better as I crank up the volume - I tend to listen probably a notch or two too loud. So, I really don't think their fatiguing - just a bigger emphasis on the upper mids than most "warm" phones. I really think you'll enjoy these - I've only heard a cheap / old pair of grados, and I've also heard the 550s that you now have - and I think the ad900 blows them both away. (Although for a closed pair I like the 550s
wink.gif
)

Jul 25, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #17 of 17
This thread made me rethink my possible decision to buy the AD700's... I wanted to get a nice entry-level headphone to be used with music and gaming on my laptop. Problem is that MOST of my music I listen to is rock music, and I'm not sure how the AD700's would do with that... although I do listen to other music as well, pop sometimes and classical some, they would probably do that just fine, and be nice for games and movies...

Meh, I do have my KSC75's which are nice for rock. I dunno
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back