AD900 from Japan, does this seem legit?
Mar 24, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 17
Looks like a pretty good deal, but is it guaranteed there won't be tax? "We also do not have any responsibility in case there is any import tax to pay in your side. "

What happened to your AD700s? "Broken?" can they be repaired?

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a pretty good deal, but is it guaranteed there won't be tax? "We also do not have any responsibility in case there is any import tax to pay in your side. "

A company can not guarantee whethe or not a tax or duty is charged by the destination country. It looks like the standard customs duty/tax disclaimer to me.

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

x2.
I'd be willing to take them off your hands for $30.
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

x2.
I'd be willing to take them off your hands for $30.
biggrin.gif

They've been selling them for a while, I think. They look legit.

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #9 of 17
Thanks to all. My AD700's are still under warranty (hopefully can be fixed), but I thought that I may get these too and see which I like better.

One channel went out. Not a cable issue. I suspect a bad headphone amp (won't name names), so they may be reported as "abused by owner"

I was really concerned about fakes only...

Dale

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks ok to me. If only the MS Live 25% cashback was still on, this would be an insane deal.

Dang sellers trying to abuse the cashback system!
mad.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinIsWierd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to all. My AD700's are still under warranty (hopefully can be fixed), but I thought that I may get these too and see which I like better.

One channel went out. Not a cable issue. I suspect a bad headphone amp (won't name names), so they may be reported as "abused by owner"

I was really concerned about fakes only...

Dale

There aren't fake AD900s, afaik. It would be too hard to replicate and they would barely make a decent profit. Are you positive it isn't a cable issue?

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #12 of 17
Well, you can open the cups up and check if the wire is loose or use a multimeter to see if the wire is actually getting a signal from the driver. Not much you can do without changing the wire itself to test.

If anyone else has suggestions, by all means post it!

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #14 of 17
Put your fingers under the pads and pull out. Then unscrew the four screws with a jeweler's screwdriver. Then there are three more screws to unscrew to get to the driver. It's a lot easier than one would think.

Don't worry, it's not a dumb question, I know you don't want to break your headphones anymore than it already is.

Mar 24, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #15 of 17
25% cashback is gone - but 10% is still around...

Edit: Apparently it's 12% now - what do you know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back