AD8620's on Brown Dog adapters
Feb 20, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #4 of 18
Tangent also sells them on his website.

You can get decent solder and wick from radio shack. I use the small guage silver solder they sell. They also have the 8 pin sockets, but they are not of the best quality. Unless you have an electronics parts store nearby you will have to order these. You can also get them on ebay.

Feb 20, 2007 at 8:06 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by picklgreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tangent also sells them on his website.

You can get decent solder and wick from radio shack. I use the small guage silver solder they sell. They also have the 8 pin sockets, but they are not of the best quality. Unless you have an electronics parts store nearby you will have to order these. You can also get them on ebay.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you link to dual wipe tin sockets and you're saying RS are not of the best quality. ?

I use machined gold flashed sockets myself.

I use gootwick as it's easy enough to get and pretty good. Someone posted about some wick dispensing thing that looked neat, didn't get round to getting one though.

Feb 20, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #7 of 18
Well I notice as I'm looking for some as I'm sicking of paying so much for them.

Only found one for 200 pieces and they wanted about what I pay for them retail and can get locally. 200 is a bit insane as well.

Feb 20, 2007 at 12:17 PM Post #8 of 18
For dual opamps like 8620, you dont necessarily need adaptors like BD. Sijosae has many ways of doing it, but I find this the most easy. Just be careful when bending those outer pins that they wont break. That's it. For single to dual, BDs are a blessing.

SMD-4.jpg

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #10 of 18
Well, you see, I really only need a very small amount of solder and solder wick, and I only need 2 sockets, so ordering like a full roll of the stuff or buying the sockets separately really didn't seem economical. Essentially, I am looking to see if any of you guys had this stuff extra, so I could pay one person and they could combine the shipping. So if one person has a couple sockets, solder, and solder wick, then I could pay them for that, and if another had the opamps then I could pay them for that. See what I mean? I would get them off of ebay, but I don't need 50 of them!!! (sockets that is)

If no one has the opamps, I am going to order them full price tomorrow, so, no sweat there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back