AD700s- not what i expected
Mar 11, 2009 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Aiyo

100+ Head-Fier
Well, today I got back from school and found a big ol' box on the kitchen table. I was thinking these were the neodymium magnets I ordered.. but these this box was pretty big for 2''x1'' magnets.. So i open it, and find my AD700s! These things arrived fast! I ordered standard shipping and estimated delivery date was March 12-17. I ordered these on the 7th.. and its the 10th so only 3 days!

Anyway so I'm all excited and open it and get my iPod+Fiio, pop in the headphones, choose an Apple lossless song I had and....

I wasn't wowed like I expected. Everything was ultra clear. Highs were pretty crisp, mids also, though felt a bit recessed. Bass.... bass was where i was disappointed. They sounded a bit muffled, though it was detailed. Not really deep, but clean.. ._. I really wanted a strong bass.

Its probably to early to tell, I probably have to burn them in, or get a better amp. .. Overall I am pretty satisfied, though, my next phones will probably be something closed, or IEMs.

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 15
You really don't want headphones to wow you..Cause the wow goes away and you are left with nothing else..Just keep listening to them, then after a week go back to a lesser can. Audiophile cans tend to be more accurate then wow.

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You really don't want headphones to wow you..Cause the wow goes away and you are left with nothing else..Just keep listening to them, then after a week go back to a lesser can. Audiophile cans tend to be more accurate then wow.

yeah I agree. Bass isn't their strong suite anyway. It is well defined, but a bit lacking. This won't improve much, but everything else is very good. They will get better. Just give it a little time.

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #4 of 15
Just give the new cans time to burn in. I was not impressed at all by my 650s or the Denon 2000s, but after several hundred hours burn in, I am the happiest kid on earth. I would save my money, then buy a better amp when the circumstances permit.
Kevin

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #6 of 15
Ouch, I hope you aren't a bass head. I've listened to these plenty with hundreds of hours of burn in and they don't get that much better in the bass department. They are great for everything else though.

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #7 of 15
To my ears, the phones sound the same as they did the day I got them. For me, that's awesome. If that's not the case for you, you might want to sell/trade/return/gift them.

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #10 of 15
Well I was just expecting the bass to be a bit stronger. Its an overall warm sound which is actually pretty perfect and I love it. I'm probably going to go with closed next ear next time so i get more resonance and ect

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't wowed like I expected. Everything was ultra clear. Highs were pretty crisp, mids also, though felt a bit recessed. Bass.... bass was where i was disappointed. They sounded a bit muffled, though it was detailed. Not really deep, but clean.. ._. I really wanted a strong bass.

and you bought ad700's.
wink.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #13 of 15
I thought they were a step-down bass-wise when I got them after using PX100s for ages, but after I got used to it, it didn't really bother me as much. Bass is definitely still there, and you can make it out, it's just less prominent.

Mar 11, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #14 of 15
Well I listen to a lot of trance music, and I dont find them lacking in bass. The bass boost on the E5 does help though. It does depend on the track you listen to, some tracks ive listened to have had pounding bass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back