AD700 headphones vs. Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Speakers?
Dec 1, 2009 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

TF2

Head-Fier
I am getting AD700s for gaming and would like to know how they compare to the Klipsch Promedia 2.1s? Do they sound better, worse, the same? I'm wondering about clarity, and somewhat bass. I realize the Promedia's probably have better bass too because they have a subwoofer. Thanks in advance.
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 14
the Klipsch Promedia are really bad compared to your new headphones.

the Klipsch Promedia only get good reviews by computer-people who have no idea about good audio equipment.

good choice. you will need to upgrade your speakers soon, after you realize that they are really bad ;D

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipumuk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the Klipsch Promedia are really bad compared to your new headphones.

the Klipsch Promedia only get good reviews by computer-people who have no idea about good audio equipment.

good choice. you will need to upgrade your speakers soon, after you realize that they are really bad ;D

Thank you for the fast response. You really think they sound that bad? I thought my speakers sounded fantastic...maybe I just haven't heard anything better.

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by TF2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for the fast response. You really think they sound that bad? I thought my speakers sounded fantastic...maybe I just haven't heard anything better.

You're going to love the AD700s.

P

Dec 2, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #6 of 14
Hmm. Different flavor entirely. The AD700 will do music precisely and you'll hear a lot of what you haven't heard out of your Promedia. On the flip side, you'll be missing almost all the bass that the Promedia had. The Klipsch is definitely missing in treble though due to the lack of tweeters.

Dec 2, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipumuk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol i am one of those computer people.
but since i've stumpled onto head-fi

ad700>>>>>>

when i first got the promedias, maybe 3-4 years ago, i really cranked up the bass. nowadays i only let in a trickle of bass.

i really wanna sell/trade my promedias for swans m10 :/

Dec 2, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm. Different flavor entirely. The AD700 will do music precisely and you'll hear a lot of what you haven't heard out of your Promedia. On the flip side, you'll be missing almost all the bass that the Promedia had. The Klipsch is definitely missing in treble though due to the lack of tweeters.

Simple solution: Unplug the Pro media speakers, leave the sub running. Now, put on the AD700s and sit on the subwoofer.
wink_face.gif

P

Dec 2, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess missing out on the bass isn't a big deal. My neighbors aren't a fan of anything loud...
L3000.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #11 of 14
es7's are meant for portable use while ad700 are meant for home use. es7 is closed back while ad700 are open back. musically, ad700 should be more open sounding, both are great headphones and it totally depends upon your priorities

Dec 3, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

What headphones do you think are better, the Audio technica Es7s or the AD700s?

AD700s. And yes, you're going to like them better than the Klipsch.

P

Dec 3, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phelonious Ponk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AD700s. And yes, you're going to like them better than the Klipsch.

P

Well, I just found M50s for $90, do you think there better then the AD700s? I would rather get the M50s because they are more portable and look decently comfortable.

Dec 4, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Well, I just found M50s for $90, do you think there better then the AD700s? I would rather get the M50s because they are more portable and look decently comfortable.

I haven't heard the M50s, but the AD700s are generally considered to be top performers in, and a good bit above, their price range. For the same money, or close, I'd go with the AD700s, they're not at all what I'd call "portable," though, They are light, very comfortable, but big. And they don't fold.

P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back