AD2000 mods, need your thoughts/help now, w/ pics
Jul 4, 2007 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NoPants

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi I just got a pair of these awesome headphones, but as much as I want to like them, I can't wear them for long periods of time without my earlobes aching afterwards. Do you AD2k owners normally just use them in stock configuration or are there any reverseible mods I can use? And do these mods change the sound much, if any? Thanks for your time.

Jul 4, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #3 of 8
I think the material is comfortable on my ears though...nicer rubbing against my ears at least

it's just the pressureeeeee

do people usually get the best sonics with the drivers pressed right up against the ear...it seems like that would be counteracting the whole point of making them as open as possible

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #5 of 8
Hi

Xenithon was kind enough to help me with the phatpad mod on my AD2000. I think it does help to get the stiffer pad feeling "ala-Sennheiser" and is a nice cheap way to make the AD2000 more comfortable.

It didnt change the sonic signature too much as far as I can tell. I dont think it would, because of the wide circumference of the AD2000, the tubing is quite far removed from the drivers.

Jul 9, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #6 of 8
so I've found some tubing (albeit a little stiff) and it helps a little, but I was still wondering if there are any alternatives to the phatpad

i mean they sound better and they're easier to wear, but I still can't go for extended periods without feeling a huge amount of pressure on my temples. It really doesn't help that I wear glasses....

I do like the sound signature though with the drivers situated farther away

Jul 10, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #7 of 8
so the tubing wasn't cutting it for me, and I was on the lookout for some foam. I realized I had a pair of k501 pads, so I cut them open for buried treasure:

CIMG0405.jpg

CIMG0406.jpg

I didn't know they packed in so much foam, but I guess that's why they're awesome pads haha

The question now is....how do I get that foam inbetween the ad2k pads? OR should I try to go for a full replace? I have yet to take off the ad2000 pads because I ehard they're a bitch to put back on

If anyone can contribute anything to this I would be eternally grateful....seems like ad2000 interest has dropped off the radar though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back