AD1000 with 7N-OFC Cable = AD2000 or better??
Aug 31, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #16 of 25
Will look forward to your comments on it
atsmile.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #17 of 25
Ok, if i end buying them and not the Denons (i already transfered the money to my middleman to bought them),because they are 'in promotion' in buy.com, but if they get out of stock after that my middleman put the order on them (tomorrow (maybe)), then they will be the next on the lookout, when i get the remaining money...
Quote:

Originally Posted by LocrEpinS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will look forward to your comments on it
atsmile.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #19 of 25
Thanks, but i am very indecise in this moment, because i want really the AD2000 most, but how i can't afford them in the short term (and really i am not interested in get them, because of my idea...). Now the interest was replaced and risen to the AD1000. The denons was the other consideration, but i send a message to the middleman that doesn't make the buy and that with the money that i send to his account, buy me the AD1000 and when they arrived to my country (in 17 days), i will pay to him the rest.... It is a very hard decision, because if i bought the Denons, when i would have another oportunity to buy the ADs....

UPDATE: Too late, he already bought the Denons, but don't matter, i will have another chance to buy them in Five to Seven months....
Quote:

Either way is fine
atsmile.gif
Enjoy your new purchase
beerchug.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #20 of 25
Ah well, enjoy those denons anyhow!

A little biased here, but why not get the AD2000 when that time comes? doubt you'll regret it
wink.gif
. Heck that's what i did when upgrading from my good ole A900s (which see literally no use nowadays..)

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #21 of 25
Possibly... (if i don't have serious expenses), Because i will use then the cable (D5000 cable) in the Denons [maybe (if i find it necessary)] and the D2000 cable (if the first is applicable) in the HFI-780 enclosure (when i buy the new Pro 900 Drivers in posibly 3 months or 4)
Quote:

Ah well, enjoy those denons anyhow!

A little biased here, but why not get the AD2000 when that time comes? doubt you'll regret it
wink.gif
. Heck that's what i did when upgrading from my good ole A900s (which see literally no use nowadays..)

Aug 31, 2008 at 12:30 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinus1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly: You'll regret it. There will be no change in sound when changing your cables! You might as well spend the money and time for the recabling for an AD2K!

Headphones are subjective, same with all the mods/recabling discussed on this forum. It could make no difference like you say or it could make all the difference, you have to hear it to decide. It seems like you are assuming the ad1000 is worse because it is not the "flagship" or maybe you heard both and really disliked the ad1000? Even then you can't really say the op will regret it until he tries.

This feels wierd because I was disagreeing with someone who said everyone blindly jumped on the denon d2000s because of the higher number ignoring the d1001 which when recabled "easily beats the d2000."

Aug 31, 2008 at 12:53 PM Post #24 of 25
Maybe I'm a bit hard on the 1000. They have a very wide open sound and the clarity is amazing. The bass is there when present on the album but on poorly mastered albums, they can sound truly awful.

I have a headphone amp that enables me to connect four headphones at a time and compare very rapidly so I am talking more about its tone colour which is bright. Clarity is amazing and soundstage is also very good.

It seems to be very sensitive to volume and at certain volumes, depending on the music, it can sound scarily realistic. I often confuse external sounds with sounds on the music that I am listening to.

I think that it has been under-valued in these forums.

I tried listening to some 'Eastern' music this morning, (Sa Dinding) and they are truly amazing. The depth of the sound is fantastic with a top end clarity that is so intimate.

The problem comes with western rock/pop heavily compressed music. That's when it seems to snarl.

If a re-cable introduces a 'smudge' of warmth into its sound, I think that it would be an amazing sounding headphone. I look forward to seeing the result of what you do with the cabling, since if they warmed up a bit, I think they would be an amazing headphone.

The distance from your ears issue does make a difference, but as a stock headphone, they rest right on your ears, so I guess that's about it as far as bass goes. My amp is is fairly warm sounding (Slee Solo) so maybe I need a 120 ohm resistor in the way to warm up a bit!

Ian

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #25 of 25
Completely Agree.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphones are subjective, same with all the mods/recabling discussed on this forum. It could make no difference like you say or it could make all the difference, you have to hear it to decide. It seems like you are assuming the ad1000 is worse because it is not the "flagship" or maybe you heard both and really disliked the ad1000? Even then you can't really say the op will regret it until he tries.

This feels wierd because I was disagreeing with someone who said everyone blindly jumped on the denon d2000s because of the higher number ignoring the d1001 which when recabled "easily beats the d2000."

Thanks for your sincere opinion, i will get the AD1000 if the Denon existence in buy.com is out of stock [something improbable, because my middleman received the invoice (but not always that mean that the article is in stock, because others put the order before than me)]. I think that the cable that i have will improve much the sound of it to or above the AD2000 level....
Ah, i agree with what you say about reality in some sounds (birds, wind, metals, etc), sometimes i get confused with my DT990s...
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I'm a bit hard on the 1000. They have a very wide open sound and the clarity is amazing. The bass is there when present on the album but on poorly mastered albums, they can sound truly awful.

I have a headphone amp that enables me to connect four headphones at a time and compare very rapidly so I am talking more about its tone colour which is bright. Clarity is amazing and soundstage is also very good.

It seems to be very sensitive to volume and at certain volumes, depending on the music, it can sound scarily realistic. I often confuse external sounds with sounds on the music that I am listening to.

I think that it has been under-valued in these forums.

I tried listening to some 'Eastern' music this morning, (Sa Dinding) and they are truly amazing. The depth of the sound is fantastic with a top end clarity that is so intimate.

The problem comes with western rock/pop heavily compressed music. That's when it seems to snarl.

If a re-cable introduces a 'smudge' of warmth into its sound, I think that it would be an amazing sounding headphone. I look forward to seeing the result of what you do with the cabling, since if they warmed up a bit, I think they would be an amazing headphone.

The distance from your ears issue does make a difference, but as a stock headphone, they rest right on your ears, so I guess that's about it as far as bass goes. My amp is is fairly warm sounding (Slee Solo) so maybe I need a 120 ohm resistor in the way to warm up a bit!

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back