AD 8620 the AR version?
Jul 5, 2002 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

finleyville

100+ Head-Fier
O.K.

So I just received my AD8620's from Analog Devices. The invoice states that they are the AR version. Is there any other version that I should have gotten for the META42? Also, I didn't realize that they were so small!! Just 3x5 mm!! I know that they needed to be fit onto the BrownDog adapters, but I didn't know that I needed a magnifing glass just to read the printing on the chip!!

Please let me know if I made a mistake. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2002 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 6
At the moment, the ad8620ar is the only version available. Whereas, the ad8610 came two versions ar and br. One (the br?) has a lower offset. But the 'ar' version, the offset is still very low and they cost considerably less. There maybe other differences. I don't think you made a mistake, it should still work well in a hp amp (meta?).
Quote:

...I didn't know that I needed a magnifing glass just to read the printing on the chip!!

Even with magnifying glasses, try finding the pin one 'indicator' mark.
biggrin.gif
They need to put it in braille for some of us visually impaired diy'ers.
tongue.gif
Or is it more 'pc' to say:'visually challenged'?

Jul 5, 2002 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 6
Since you chose the dual opamp, be sure you use the regular SO8 adapter, not the opamp adapter, which uses single opamps. This has been discussed extensively, just a quick reminder.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 7, 2002 at 2:19 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Better yet, make sure you *order* the right adapter... I learned that the hard way!

Me too...
rolleyes.gif

Jul 7, 2002 at 5:34 PM Post #6 of 6
Since the cost is about the same regardless of the choice, I would lean toward using 2 AD8610 opamps with the opamp adapter, because the specs are slightly better and some people have reported minor correctable issues with the AD8620 when stacking output buffers. It does not make a big difference, so you will be fine either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back