Ad·ver·sary
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #2 of 4
Downloading now !!! Not my usual taste, but if you don't try you never know.

For the price you can't go wrong
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by dabblerblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A buddy of mine just released his first album. It's kind of high energy, all electronic industrial-influenced stuff. Some people here might like it, and he released mp3s of the album on his site, so I figured I'd spread the word for him as a friend.

Thanks for letting us know. I really enjoyed his album, especially the more down-tempo tracks like "Friends of Father" and "Bone Music". Love the drums all throughout and the electronics are really well chosen and very atmospheric. To boot, the production is top notch.

I would have loved some Gary Numan type vocals on the down-tempo tracks
biggrin.gif

I rated it a very solid 4/5 in iTunes after one listen. A definite keeper in my library
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit : No wonder it's good, it was released on my birthday :p

Jul 23, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Downloading now !!! Not my usual taste, but if you don't try you never know.

For the price you can't go wrong
wink.gif

For sure! The album was released under a Creative Commons license, so he's only interested in people paying for his music if they enjoy it and feel he deserves the tip.

Cool guy. Great DJ, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for letting us know. I really enjoyed his album, especially the more down-tempo tracks like "Friends of Father" and "Bone Music". Love the drums all throughout and the electronics are really well chosen and very atmospheric. To boot, the production is top notch.

I would have loved some Gary Numan type vocals on the down-tempo tracks
biggrin.gif

I rated it a very solid 4/5 in iTunes after one listen. A definite keeper in my library
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit : No wonder it's good, it was released on my birthday :p

Jairus is a huge COIL fan, and whenever I hear "Friends of Father" I always imagine the late Jhonn Balance doing vocals for it.

But yes, it would be nice to get some vocal work into some of the tracks.

He played a show here a few days ago, and there was some new material performed that isn't released anywhere. The new stuff is absolutely incredible, so he's definitely progressing and finding his voice.

Thanks for the replies and interest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back