Actives For Dell Studio:Suggestions Please?
Feb 13, 2010 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

norskman

100+ Head-Fier
[size=x-small]
normal_smile .gif
Hello Fellow Members

I have being out of action for some time and onbly now getting back in to the swing!...I just wish to check out fellow members preferences for ACTIVE~SPEAKERS suitable for Dell~Studio Laptop!

Last year I was looking at :AUDIO~ENGINE- KRK RP5G2-ADM9.1s & A FEW OTHERs ..I forget the names of.

OK..I can not afford to much..A reasonable pair of actives they do not have to be massively loud...I listen to Blues Rock..and Audio Books..at the extreames.I did read somewhere about a new range of small actives? but forgot what they were called (did see some on ebay a while back though>)

Do I require a seperate DAC to make all this sound so much better.?

some suggestions as to the original list above or any newcomers appreciated
I wish to keep this as simple as possible please

all the very best Steve
dt880smile.png
[/size]

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 4
the A2 works with any laptop
wink.gif
no DAC required - but it helps. this post has a real good tip to hear them sound at their best. I've not heard any of the other speakers

money wise I'd get the A5 before buying a DAC, imo. the A5 sounds considerably better then the A2 - though a separate DAC will benefit the A5 - it's a vicious circle.

I'd say A2 + emu 0404 = good sound (imo)

good luck

Feb 14, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi Lenni
Good to hear from you..much obliged for your imput!
i remeber being quite excited about the A5s and was about to purchase when my health worsened..and I ended up in Hospital and it as being a tuff time..

No matter unless the A 5s have being bettered by other similar actives Icould end up buying them?I will check out your link and see what the tip was later..

but thanks for now
regards Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back