Active Speakers for Living Room
Jul 22, 2015 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BaTou069

500+ Head-Fier
Hello there

I had a dream: Kef LS50 Speakers, rogue audio sphinx integrated amp, and the LH Labs Pulse DAC in my living room.
Right now I only have the DAC, but dont have the money for the rest. Im thinking about a temporary solution until I saved up enough money for my speakers or maybe other speakers and amp: Active Speakers

I have a good DAC, I have a lot of music and now also Tidal, what holds me back?
I cant stand not to have better speakers then the samsung tv integrated ones, so i only listen to music with headphones. But I cant stand it anymore, not to have music around me, when I have company or just chill with my gf at home, I need speakers.

The active speakers market is not very big, mostly studio monitors. I dont think they are bad, but i guess they arent designed or tuned for home use. 

So I ask the community, are you aware of nice and big enough sounding active speakers that wont me cost more then $500? They dont even need a integrated DAC since i have a good enough one.

Thanks

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 5
Lots of people are using the JBL LSR 305s and 308s in their living room setup. You can learn more here in this appreciation thread for them over at AVS: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1506519-jbl-lsr305-308-appreciation-thread.html. Ask questions. I'm sure they'd help you out :)

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 5
That KS for the reply, but aren't these desktop speakers or meant for near field listening? I won't be sitting near (around 2-3m) the speaker and it should fill a room of about 30 m^2
Arw these a good match?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Jul 23, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #5 of 5
That KS for the reply, but aren't these desktop speakers or meant for near field listening? I won't be sitting near (around 2-3m) the speaker and it should fill a room of about 30 m^2
Arw these a good match?

See that discussion thread I linked to over at AVS. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back