Active sound cancelling software / phase inversion software (Also maybe a driver mod that puts sub bass as mid bass?)
Jun 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Owndapwn

New Head-Fier
So I recently bought the HM5's and they're really nice.
Already really good sound canceling, but I am aware that phase inversion can carry it the rest of the way.

I have a USB headset with mic. The Mic is considerably better than the headphones, so they should work just fine.
I may have to remove the foam cover so it picks up fans, but meh. Small issue.
I have it set up like a stand up desk mic.

I have the following operating systems on my desktop:
Mint 15 Cinnamon x64 (SPDIF does not work on Mint.)
Ubuntu 13.04 x64 (Have been using Mint since hooking up the amp. Don't know if SPDIF works or not.)
OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion x64 (Hackintosh, so not all drivers work 100%. It looks like all audio drivers work though)
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

If anyone knows of a good phase inversion software, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Also, does anyone know how to make my computer stop separating mid bass and sub bass?
I use headphones. I don't have a sub hooked up, and the bass is much more rich on my phone, which bypasses sub bass.
Also, through using a tone generator on my PC and a tone generator on my phone, 50-60Hz is not lacking in the slightest on the phone, but it barely picks up on the PC.
I am only assuming this is the problem, but it seems reasonable as I know the bass can be better on the headphones.

I would like software solutions only at this time. And the software needs to either be free or can be found free.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back