Active Monitors with Subwoofer?
Jun 18, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #16 of 22
Thank you so much for your help!  I'll be using my onboard soundcard but it's a good one (similar to a £50 soundcard).  However, I haven't got any soundcard softeware.  I'll see if one's available now.  
If I can't find one would this work?:-

P.S. The 2 connections to the left speaker are speaker wire outputs that connect to the other monitor to power it and feed it an input.  So they are solely used for the second monitor.

Jun 18, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #17 of 22
*Update*
------------
I have found the software; VIA HD Audio Deck.  However, I can't seem to find anything that will let me adjust the crossover point. 
frown.gif

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:
Thank you so much for your help!  I'll be using my onboard soundcard but it's a good one (similar to a £50 soundcard).  However, I haven't got any soundcard softeware.  I'll see if one's available now.  
If I can't find one would this work?:-

P.S. The 2 connections to the left speaker are speaker wire outputs that connect to the other monitor to power it and feed it an input.  So they are solely used for the second monitor.

Ahh now I understand whats happening. So your active speakers is only semi-active (i.e only one speaker connects to power, and the other speaker connects to the right speaker (with the power).

But yes, that cabling will work.

Based on your intended usage, I would say to not worry so much about the correct crossover to use as neither software nor hardware (it seems) has the capability to do so. You should adjust the volume of both subwoofer and speaker so that it sounds "right" to you.

When budget allows, you may consider upgrading to a proper soundcard
beerchug.gif

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #21 of 22
Your welcome. Enjoy your new speaker system
L3000.gif

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #22 of 22
I have the logitech z 2300 Sub Am planing  to get the Active Microlab Solo 7c , Anyone have any idea how  to connect the sub with the Microlab Solo 7c ?  

This is my motherboard 

Please help..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back