Active monitors for PC use? Please share your knowledge!
Feb 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Guldkrull

Head-Fier
Hi there,

I am looking to buy a pair of monitors for my PC which will be used mostly for music.

This far I've taken a look at monitors such as:

- Yamaha HS50M

- M-Audio BX5a

- KRK Rokit 6

- BEHRINGER B1031A

I'm not interested in used monitors and another requirement is that they are active(powered?)

I live in Sweden so unfortunately some brands such as Swan is really hard to get. I will probably buy the monitors from thomann.de since they ship to sweden, have several good brands, quite inexpensive and so on.

I would really appreciate some help with choosing a good pair of speakers in about the price range that the listed speakers fall into so feel free to recommend other products or share your experience in the matter.

Thanks in advance!
/Guld

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 3
Heard all 4 at a local store.  The Yamaha's would have been my choice.  They seemed more balanced, I enjoyed them more.  Granted the setting was not ideal.  For me in the end anything with greater than a 3" mid was just too big (limited area).  So I ended up getting smaller speakers and a small sub.

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 3
I ended up buying Behringer B1030A because of their price and small size. I'm yet to receive them though so can't give any impressions. I hope I'll be satisfied, but if not, I can just send them back and get something else...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back