Action against Storm Digital
Jun 21, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #166 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I got in to work this morning, checked my email first thing and what do I find? Yes, that's right folks a Paypal payment from Ken! Not only that but he tacked on an extra $50 which apparently was for the troubles. I have to admit I didn't really think it would happen so I'm rather amazed and grateful. This bodes well for those others waiting on DAC's and/or refunds, it seems this time at least Ken has been true to his word.

On a side note, those pics really do look amazing! If Ken can get through this and make amends with all those people who have been left out in the cold in one form or another, then work on building stock and his reputation back he could be successful because that's looking like a very nice product.

Thats awesome! Glad you got that resolved and good job Ken for keeping your word. This is definitely a good sign.

Jun 21, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #167 of 311

Well it's good to see that at least some of you have kept faith with Ken. It's been a long hard struggle for both those that paid their money and for Ken as well. I have been in touch with Ken most everyday and he is working long hours and upgrading the Pandora during his bench tests. It has taken him longer than he would have liked but insists that he wants to get this right and really doesn't want the negative feedback he got with some of the D02 units.
With being located in the UK I was able to supply Ken all the ClarityCap SA types that you see in the photos. As a one man business I think we must give him as much support as possible and once he makes good all the outstanding orders I think you will see a proliferation of Storm Audio products. Watch this space.

Jul 4, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #168 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydeecee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it's good to see that at least some of you have kept faith with Ken. It's been a long hard struggle for both those that paid their money and for Ken as well. I have been in touch with Ken most everyday and he is working long hours and upgrading the Pandora during his bench tests. It has taken him longer than he would have liked but insists that he wants to get this right and really doesn't want the negative feedback he got with some of the D02 units.
With being located in the UK I was able to supply Ken all the ClarityCap SA types that you see in the photos. As a one man business I think we must give him as much support as possible and once he makes good all the outstanding orders I think you will see a proliferation of Storm Audio products. Watch this space.

Obviously I am behind the times on the subject. I was not one of those contacted by Ken Recently. I paid for mine on 7/29/06. I was order #25. I will contact coemaudio and take it from there.
Thanks
Ron

Jul 5, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #169 of 311
Well i had the good fortune of seeing one of the new pandoras today at COEM so i can confirm that they do in fact exist and work. I didn't get the chance to hear one unfortunately (didn't have time), but from having a good look at it I must say that I'm excited to hear it.

Best of luck for everyone who is waiting on a storm dac. i think this may be a sign of things to come

Jul 5, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #170 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well i had the good fortune of seeing one of the new pandoras today at COEM so i can confirm that they do in fact exist and work. I didn't get the chance to hear one unfortunately (didn't have time), but from having a good look at it I must say that I'm excited to hear it.

Best of luck for everyone who is waiting on a storm dac. i think this may be a sign of things to come

awesome news. that means that ken should be gearing up to send out some head-fi'ers' dacs pretty damn soon.

Jul 8, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #171 of 311
pandoraandd02ta8.jpg

very_evil_smiley.gif

excuse the poor lighting. it's nightime and the light in my listening room is burnt out. who needs light in listening rooms anyway?

I'm going to start a storm pandora thread where we can talk about the unit itself, so that this thread can be saved for discussion about ken law

Jul 8, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #172 of 311
What did you receive it?!?

Is the one on the bottom the original D02?

Ahhhh how does it sound???

Do you know when the other headfiers will receive their dac??

Jul 8, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #173 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did you receive it?!?

Is the one on the bottom the original D02?

Ahhhh how does it sound???

Do you know when the other headfiers will receive their dac??

I wish
wink.gif
it's just on loan from COEM. I've had a long relationship with storm and coem (heard the d02 as soon as it came out and have been interested ever since), so they happily allowed me to audition one of their new pandoras. however, like i said in a previous post, they HAVE received theirs

Underneath it is indeed a d02. it's ALSO on audition. I have had it for the last week or so (i'm looking to upgrade dacs soon so john of coem let me borrow it again to give me a taste of what to expect from pandora), and since i live near to them i popped by today to give the pandora a listen when the suggestion was rasied that i audition one. i haven't had a chance to return the d02 yet, so by an odd turn of situations i have both in my possession

when will other headfiers receive theirs? I really have no idea; but the reason i posted that photo is to let you know that it's real. it does exist. it's in production. you will all have yours soon. there is a light at the end of this long dark tunnel

and how does it sound? Well... watch this space
wink.gif
tomorrow (probably) i'll post a thread for the pandora. it'd probably be best if people try to hold off asking about the pandora until then so that this thread doesn't get derailed with the technical details of it. after all, this thread is intended to be an avenue for those who have been ripped off... not a thread to talk about a new piece of gear. i just posted the photo to let you know that it's on the way (ok, and to show off. jealous?)

edit: just to say it again, i think it'd be best if we didn't talk about the pandora as a piece of gear in this thread. I dont think anyone else has heard it anyway, so hopefully you'll be able to wait until tomorrow when i start a new thread for it! when i do that I'll do my best to answer any questions

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #176 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So... err where's that thread again
wink.gif

lol sorry. i've been wayyy busy. imagine how annoyed i am! a pandora and d02 in my rig and i've been too busy to give it a good listen!

the thread will be up today

Jul 10, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #177 of 311
The Storm Pandora Thread

Please put all discussion of the pandora there. Please put all discussion of ken law/your orders here

Jul 10, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #178 of 311
No word from Ken - about one month...but with your picture hope comes back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pandoraandd02ta8.jpg

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #179 of 311
If you've been impacted and would like to be part of a running total, I've started that here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=251058

If you'd like to be added, please send me a PM with the following information: User name, category to put you in, order date (MM-YY), and resolution date (MM-YY, as applicable).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back