ACS custom sleeves for IE6 or Buy IE8
Jan 6, 2010 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

frosty125

New Head-Fier
Hi

I bought some IE6's almost a year ago and I wasn't disappointed they have served me well and I enjoy them a lot but I find that I loose seal often no matter what tips I use. So I was wondering if I should try and get some custom ACS sleeves for my IE6's or should I invest in some IE8's. Would I notice a marked improvement with the IE8's over the IE6's? Is it worth buying custom sleeves for budget earphones like the IE6's?

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for the replies I know there are many IE8 fakes around so I was wondering if it is ok to buy from Amazon.co.uk not one of their 3rd parties thats is but from Amazon themselves has there been any known issues from buying from them?

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #5 of 7
Jan 6, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #6 of 7
I'd go for the upgrade to IE8s.

I've got ACS sleeves, and they're comfortable and provide a bit more isolation (still not enough IMHO), but if you get some ACS sleeves for the IE6 I'll guarantee you'll still get upgraditis and end up buying the IE8s at a later stage (making your £90 IE6 sleeves redundant).

Better to get the IE8s and if you have the same problem getting a good seal (as I do) maybe get the ACS sleeves made for the IE8s at a later date.

If you're sure you want the IE8s, I'd personally go fto Amazon (but not Amazon Marketplace). Beware that the prices fluctuate quite a bit. I thought I was getting a pretty good deal at £173 but the price dropped another £25 within the following fortnight (though it's gone back up a bit again). Aim to get them for £160 or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back