Acrylic Case Questions
Jul 2, 2009 at 1:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Takaji

100+ Head-Fier
After finishing my Millett MAX, I was considering a few case options such as ModuShop, etc. I've determined that to save some money I'd try making my own case out of acrylic.

I have access to a laser cutter that I can use to cut custom shapes out of acrylic. All I have to do is design the layout in AutoCAD and bam! I'm trying to think of a way I could construct the case with nylon screws, and square acrylic dowels affixed to the edges of the interior of the case, to serve as a point for any screws to screw into. Ideally, the top would be a single piece that unscrews to allow full access to the interior. What kind of adhesive could I use for bonding acrylic together that wouldn't leave a mark? As the entire case will be see-through, I'd like to do a clean job of it.

Additionally, I've been doing some searching in the forum about acrylic cases, and some people have mentioned that I may not get the proper shielding from an acrylic case. Should I be building a Faraday cage around the electronics?

Any feedback is welcome. I'm not really looking to bend acrylic, but rather keep the edges of the case nice and right-angled.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back