Acoustic Shadow
Sep 1, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #16 of 20
What’s shocking is that you’ve presumably spent time/money on that treatment and don’t know it, lol!!
of course you listening to my system and can make an educated guess and not just throw stupid "facts" around like always
atleast i seem to understand what waveguiding and a not reverb heavy room means
:)

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #17 of 20
of course you listening to my system and can make an educated guess and not just throw stupid "facts" around like always
Of course you having no idea how to “listen”, make completely uneducated guesses and just throw utterly ridiculous nonsense around without any understanding of the facts at all, like always!!

G

Sep 1, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #18 of 20
Of course you having no idea how to “listen”, make completely uneducated guesses and just throw utterly ridiculous nonsense around without any understanding of the facts at all, like always!!
and whats up with you needing to having always the last word? have fun having the last word yet again :)

Sep 1, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #19 of 20
That’s neat. It would be interesting if there were acoustic tourist attractions… places you could go that would have unexpected echoes or transmission of sound over remarkable distances. I bet there are conditions where sound directionality bends like a funhouse mirror too… or perhaps ones that shift pitch.

It seems that acoustic shadows were common in the civil war. Battles were lost because the generals didn’t hear them coming.

There’s a tourist steam engine train ride in Lancaster, PA, in Amish country, with some large hills alongside it, where there is some pretty freaky stuff going on acoustically, which they demonstrate by blowing the train whistle while stopped or going slowly on the tracks. It’s been a while but if I remember right it’s like a very delayed super-clear echo. It’s outside of normal day-to-day experience in any event, or really catches you by surprise.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #20 of 20
That’s neat. It would be interesting if there were acoustic tourist attractions… places you could go that would have unexpected echoes or transmission of sound over remarkable distances. I bet there are conditions where sound directionality bends like a funhouse mirror too… or perhaps ones that shift pitch.

It seems that acoustic shadows were common in the civil war. Battles were lost because the generals didn’t hear them coming.
There is the wispering wall in South Australia where a soft wisper can be heard 140 metres away due to a parabolic effect of sound waves bouncing along the wall.

https://barossawinetour.com.au/blog/what-makes-the-whispering-wall-in-the-barossa-valley-so-special/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back