Acoustic Rock Recomendations
Mar 28, 2007 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

no1likesme

1000+ Head-Fier
I am not usually a fan of acoustic music but I recently put circumaural pads on my sr80's and now acoustic music just sounds amazing. I am looking for some good, well recorded acoustic tracks.

Thanks

Mar 28, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 21
i absolutely love eric clapton "mtv unplugged" -- it's a phenomenal recording and performance. all acoustic . . .

Mar 28, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 21
Kristin Hersh has a new album out called "Learn to sing like a star" it's mostly acoustic and I love it
biggrin.gif

The gathering - Home (the older work isn't acoustic and neither is the newer work, although you should check it out if you like this album)

Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones (nice album and dvd of the concert)

Ulver - Kveldssanger (Haunting vocals and nice guitars, slow music in general)

That's about all the acoustic rock I have
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #4 of 21
Nirvana - MTV Unplugged is a real winner

Mar 28, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 21
Monte Montgomery has some awesome acoustic guitar chops if you're into that sort of thing.

There's a series called 'Sounds of Wood & Steel' on Windham Hill records. Taylor guitars sponsored it and it's full of nice acoustic recordings in lots of different styles, including some rock tracks.

Mar 28, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcn3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i absolutely love eric clapton "mtv unplugged" -- it's a phenomenal recording and performance. all acoustic . . .

x2
rs1smile.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #10 of 21
I'm an old guy so I'll recommend something not so current, but classic. Pick up just about any Crosby, Stills & Nash album and you'll get a good mix of great acoustic and electric tracks.

Personal faves are "CSN", the live album "4 Way Street", and of course their first album "Crosby, Stills & Nash".

Mar 31, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #12 of 21
Try some :

Jim Croce- Photographs and Memories

Carol King- Tapestry

James Taylor- Mud Slide Slim

Neil Young- Harvest

x2 CSNY- 4 way street

Gordon Lightfoot- Summer Time Dreams

Eagles- Hell Freezes Over

Mar 31, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #14 of 21
Harmonium

Awesome 70's prog band from Quebec with a lot of acoustic arrangements and great keyboard textures. Listen to the samples on the page and prepare yourself to be blown away.
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back