Acoustic Rock and stuff
Sep 27, 2008 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Nike T

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, my friend introduced me to Dispatch, and I love them. I love their acoustic guitar and their harmonies and that kind of thing. Are there any other bands out there that are similar to Dispatch?

Sep 27, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 11
I've never heard Dispatch (but will look out for the opportunity), but as soon as you said acoustic guitar + harmonies the first thing that comes to my mind is Crosby, Stills, & Nash (or CSNY)

also one most may have never heard of, a great Aussie band: FRUiT.

I will likely think of dozens more as soon as I click "Submit"
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nike T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, my friend introduced me to Dispatch, and I love them. I love their acoustic guitar and their harmonies and that kind of thing. Are there any other bands out there that are similar to Dispatch?

Sorry I can't think of anybody like them right now. But what you might want to do is go to pandora.com. you make make a dispatch radio station and it will play things like them. Then just see if there is anybody you like there.

-Good luck, BTW I love them, they are great.

Sep 28, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never heard Dispatch (but will look out for the opportunity), but as soon as you said acoustic guitar + harmonies

Same here, on the subject of acoustic guitar and its harmony two people come to mind:

1. The absolute god of acoustic guitar, Tommy Emmanuel
last.fm/music/Tommy+Emmanuel

2. Don Ross, as good as Tommy
last.fm/music/Don+Ross

You may as well check out Al di Meolla he is less approachable than the guys above but, once you are ready for it, he out scales them. I should mention that he plays also a lot of electric

Sep 28, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Perhaps I misunderstood, was this acoustic guitar plus vocal harmonies?

Sep 28, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps I misunderstood, was this acoustic guitar plus vocal harmonies?

Yea I meant vocal harmonies, sorry I should have clarified that.

O and thanks for all the recommendations, I'll definitely look at them

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #8 of 11
I'm glad to see another Dispatch fan out there...they're one of my favorite bands. I've yet to find another group that quite captures the vocal harmonies, impressive lyrics, great guitar playing, and general chillness of Chad, Brad, and Pete. It's not often that I absolutely adore every single song a band puts out in their career. I'm also interested in seeing if anyone can recommend groups similar to Dispatch.

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by cwell2112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad to see another Dispatch fan out there...they're one of my favorite bands. I've yet to find another group that quite captures the vocal harmonies, impressive lyrics, great guitar playing, and general chillness of Chad, Brad, and Pete. It's not often that I absolutely adore every single song a band puts out in their career. I'm also interested in seeing if anyone can recommend groups similar to Dispatch.

x2 I really want to find some one like them.

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Yea I meant vocal harmonies, sorry I should have clarified that.

O and thanks for all the recommendations, I'll definitely look at them

If you'd like vocal harmonies framed by acoustical guitar, give The Wailin Jennys a try. 3 girls from Canada who have some of the best vocal harmony I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back