Acoustic Revive RTP-4 power conditioner (power strip)
Mar 22, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 34
Mar 22, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #3 of 34
Probably because they want to earn some more $$$$...
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #4 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by cAsE sEnSiTiVe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Acoustic Revive RTP-4 Power Conditioner AC Distribution

or....they come up for sale on A'Gon once in a while

On their site is says:

Quote:

Duties & Taxes
For many countries, there are taxes and duties due on items we ship. These are the buyer's responsibility. Additionally, we will not declare a value of less than the price paid for items. This is illegal, and we don't want to risk being fined or sent to jail.

The buyer is responsible for all duties and taxes.

I would need to pay $700 customs fees if I buy from TweekGeek. VH Audio might be cheaper for me in this case. I will just wait until someone sells it used, maybe it will take many years, but I am patient, I want bang for buck!

Mar 22, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well if you aren't feeding many devices from it, would the RTP-2 work instead?[/url]

who knows with that though...

If I can find RTP-2 cheap I will choose that instead of RTP-4. But in my system I need 3 outputs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
theres also ebay:
♪♪♪ Acoustic Revive RTP-4Ultimate ($2650 -> xxxx) ♪♪♪ - eBay (item 170312947860 end time Apr-18-09 07:45:21 PDT)

who knows with that though...

It says retail $2650 there too? Has Acoustic Revive recently increased the prices?

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #8 of 34
Mar 31, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #10 of 34
Ok, I have the RTP-4 now. The improvement was pretty good, but not as big bang for buck as Judge power cable.

When starting my system from cold it used to sound very harsh and open with lack of low-level detail. After I replaced my JuiceBar with RTP-4 I don't have that problem. It sounds like my system have been warmed up for many days! It appears that the RTP-4 didn't add any colorations or weaknesses, I love it.

I also removed one Noise Harvester in order to plug all my gear to it, so the improvement should be bigger than it is. I need to warm-up my system + burn in the connectors as well.

EDIT: The sound of RTP-4 reminds me of PS Audio Quintet + PS Audio Premier Power Plant using the Sinewave setting (more low-level detail but grey, neutral and boring). Judge power cable reminds me of MultiWave (exciting, clear, detailed and aggressive). The synergy of Judge + RTP-4 is very good.

Mar 31, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #11 of 34
I think that is quite expensive for any power conditioner. I am well aware of their benefits as I have heard quite a few very expensive units, just as I am with power cords. However for less than half that price you can get a whole-house conditioner installed in your breaker box. I know of someone who has done this and it yields the same if not better audio quality than any power conditioner you can plug into an outlet. The same audio equipment was used for comparisons pre- and post-installation.

Here's one example:
http://www.powersavestore.com/

But you should still use a high-quality surge protector by your equipment if you want it to be totally protected from surges. Of course, this usually will have a negative effect on audio quality.

Your best option might be to have the electrician install a dedicated 20-amp outlet that runs straight to the box, and then use one of these:

http://www.psaudio.com/ps/products/d...tion?cat=power

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #13 of 34
I'm hearing crazy low-level details, they are very quiet. Everything sounds very full because there is new information all over the place. However, it doesn't sound heavier like with PS Audio Premier Power Plant but this can be compensated for by using Noise Harvesters. The Premier was muddy but when adding more gear into the output it increased distortion which added brightness to compensate for it (which also made it thinner), overall it still had more low-level detail than running everything from the wall. But all those signatures mixed together made it very colored.

The RTP-4 is neutral, it increases low-level detail without coloring the sound or reducing dynamics. It gives the same improvements as Magix levitation feet, ERS Paper and RGC-24 Ground Conditioners (more resolution and quieter background). It doesn't make it sound exciting by adding coloration which other gear do, it just improves the sound in every way.

The improvement in low-level detail is crazy, it doesn't tone down the surface layer of the music either, it's still clear and fast from top to bottom. Premier Power Plant with sinewave setting had rolled off frequency extremes which made it sound grey and lifeless, with Multiwave it had emphasized highs which made the low-level details appear cut off, it gave fake clarity and ambience space which made it sound clean, but it was emptier than battery power. RTP-4 is far from empty, everything is full but nothing is rolled off, however, it doesn't add fake empty ambience space, it just fills in that space with low-level detail. Extra information in the music makes it sound kind of noisy, maybe some people will not like it. I used to like Nordost Valhalla power cable because it cut out the deepest layer of the music to make it appear clean, it gave the same effect as Multiwave of Premier Power Plant, they were both tone controls. RTP-4 is is only a power strip with no filters in the path, there is only magic dust surrounding the path, I'm surprised how much low-level detail it gives. I like those "external" tweaks which don't hurt the sound (Magix, ERS Paper, RGC-24). If you don't like colored sound, RTP-4 is the best value in audio.

Apr 1, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #14 of 34
Patrick, you are hearing pretty much what I am with the Revive. It really allows an analog ease to everything, yet does not blur any of the details. I already have a dedicated ac setup for my system, yet it still took things up a notch.

Obob....yes, he is reputable. A friend of mine went through him, and had favorable results.

Apr 1, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by cAsE sEnSiTiVe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick, you are hearing pretty much what I am with the Revive. It really allows an analog ease to everything, yet does not blur any of the details. I already have a dedicated ac setup for my system, yet it still took things up a notch.

The difference was huge in my system, it was edgy and digital at first and then it transformed into warm and analog. I didn't expect a little box like this to improve so much, I only wanted a little bit more low-level detail and then my system would have been complete...but now there is too much low-level detail, I can't ever hear it!! I need to compensate for it elsewhere. Tomorrow I will buy Etymotic ER4P to see if the synergy comes back. If I need to change headphones from a tweak, then the improvement is pretty dramatic. I believe that every system should have a RTP-4, and then you build your system around it.

EDIT: I have also removed the ERS Paper, I will start building my system from scratch. RTP-4 gives a bigger improvement than a full system wrapped in ERS Paper, it's also prettier. I will build a pretty looking audio system, I will make an attempt at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back