Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
May 17, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #962 of 2,161
Hi guys
just bought this wonderful ( I hope!) player. will arrive me next week.

Hope the firmware development will continue to support it.

PS I will test it with an ALO Audio RX MK3B+ and He-560 hifiman

ciao!

May 22, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #966 of 2,161
Hi, Andrew -

It would seem so. I've seen only one report on Acoustic Research in connection with this year's Munich High-End Show, a brief article that mentioned the M200. As you probably know, AR isn't touting the M200 as high-end material. I suspect the company wasn't comfortable trotting out the M2 again. It doesn't bode well for the M2's long-term prospects.

May 22, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #967 of 2,161
Please check out the acoustic research hong kong Facebook page (in chinese). first couple of posts. there are photos of their new products (headphones, as well as the M200). Also a post on the upcoming firmware update for the M2 and M20. it mentions there will be a new interface, improved search function, and new features/improvements. expected in june or july.

https://www.facebook.com/AcousticResearchHK/

May 23, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #968 of 2,161
Any likelihood of a successor to the M2 any time soon. I'm looking for a DAP with android for offline streaming services to replace my Mojo.

May 23, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #969 of 2,161
Does Tidal get mangled by Android, or does the M2 bypass Android for all audio rather than just when using its own player? I won't have any hi-res files to transfer, instead relying on Tidal, and maybe Spotify or Apple Music. How about eQ - is there a global eQ that can be applied to Tidal?

May 30, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #970 of 2,161
It is really a disappointment that I‘ve waited the new firmware for long long time. If the current 2.6.0 firmware is perfect, I wouldn't bother to come here to check the update news regularly.

May 31, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #971 of 2,161
IMG_0256.JPG
Is there a BETA of the new firmware?

Looks different

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #973 of 2,161
Do you think the new firmware can change audio signature

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #974 of 2,161
Hi
where is 2.6.0 fw?
I'm trying to do the automatic update but it does not find any new firmware. (so 2.5.6 seems to be always the last one).

PS my device after half an hours of music play it becomes quite hot. Is it normal?

PPS I have some problem with some mp3 file that are reproduce too much fast. And also with some flac that are not found in the player folders so I can't reproduce them. Both specific mp3 and specific flac before mentioned don't have any problem for example with Fiio products.

I wrote to the facebook messenger page of AR but I had no answers.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #975 of 2,161
Hi
where is 2.6.0 fw?
I'm trying to do the automatic update but it does not find any new firmware. (so 2.5.6 seems to be always the last one).

PS my device after half an hours of music play it becomes quite hot. Is it normal?

PPS I have some problem with some mp3 file that are reproduce too much fast. And also with some flac that are not found in the player folders so I can't reproduce them. Both specific mp3 and specific flac before mentioned don't have any problem for example with Fiio products.

I wrote to the facebook messenger page of AR but I had no answers.
The new firmware will supposedly be released any day now.

You mention you're having playback problems. Would you mind describing the glitches you're encountering?

Thanks,
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back