Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Mar 10, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #1,576 of 2,161
@Nayparm will you still take a look if you can get Roon Remote working when you have time?

Mar 12, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #1,579 of 2,161
FYI I won't be contributing further in any threads with software or hardware mods, I've had a warning from Head-Fi, apparently I should be doing everyones mods for free. Anything i've ever done I only charged cost for parts and shipping. My time was pretty much peanuts for the time it takes. They have also been looking at my personal ebay. So from now on no more mods, except my own and I may just delete my account :D

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #1,580 of 2,161
FYI I won't be contributing further in any threads with software or hardware mods, I've had a warning from Head-Fi, apparently I should doimg everyones mods for free. Anything i've ever done I only charged cost for parts and shipping. My time was pretty much peanuts for the time it takes. They have also been looking at my personal ebay. So from now on no more mods, except my own and I may just delete my account :D

how crappy is this? thanks for your assistance in this thread

Mar 21, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #1,583 of 2,161
Now have Magisk on and removed kingoroot. was a bit of pain. Also enabled all 4 cores of the cpu, change min freq to 300. Optimised build.prop further for audio/perfornance. Also all the andoid effects policy entries and libs except for v4a have been removed.

Mar 21, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #1,584 of 2,161
Now have Magisk on and removed kingoroot. was a bit of pain. Also enabled all 4 cores of the cpu, change min freq to 300. Optimised build.prop further for audio/perfornance. Also all the andoid effects policy entries and libs except for v4a have been removed.

IMG_20200321_173330.jpgIMG_20200321_175707.jpgIMG_20200321_173346.jpg
I need you to make a video with step by step how to install all this...Please

Mar 21, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #1,585 of 2,161
Very poor showing HEADFI you cut out someone who actually knows what they are doing with daps and mods and I know from personal experience HEADFI did very little when a certain hi flyer member in headfi's veiw on here had alot more money off me and you basically turned a blind eye.

Yet someone who basically charges pennies in comparison you come down like thunder baffling HEADFI lack of morals personified.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #1,587 of 2,161
The reason for persevering with magisk was on my path of attempting a cleaner android path for audio and cleaning out unnecessary libraries and entries was ironically after i'd done that manually I came accross the following module which sounded like it goes even further by more knowledge able guys :)

info here :
http://ainuraudio.ru/ainur-narsil-android-audio-mod/

It failed to install to start with but it was a simple fix and now its installed. Everything still works including viper4android which was already confirmed in the xda forum. Now to tweak its config file a little.

Mar 22, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #1,588 of 2,161
Turns out it wasn't doing much different to our M2/M20 than what i've already done or tried, there might be a few extra build.prop entries I can take from it so magisk isn't required.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #1,589 of 2,161
On my Journey here, sound via android players (none stock AR players) seems cleaner and much closer to direct dac playback. The occasional sound glitch I had on my main/backup M2 when viper4android was enabled seems to be finally eradicated too :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back