Acoustic Effect TRY-01 Impressions
Oct 12, 2020 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Tamirci

Member of the Trade: mobileaudiophile
images - 2020-10-12T112745.836.jpeg

We have a different creature with enormous workmanship now. The brand Acoustic Efect is a local Japanese brand. ac-ef.jp is their website. But seems like they want to extend their reach. So I just met with it via their review sample of their entry level model TRY-01. First impressions ⬇Timbre is organic, deep but not wide staged, detailed treble, no sub bass, balanced sound and no sibilance. Plus good control in crowded bands like: https://tidal.com/track/45292633 And you hear each intrument&preparation breathing in if you pay attention. You can notice the vocalists sneeze while he is pulling the acoustic guitars strings 😀Detailed review will be finished in a week or two. I'll share my findings with our NBBA community. #acousticeffect #try01---I said the above 4 days ago. And now the time to review:

Sound

The timbre is neutral both technically and regarding its sound color. So its frequency response is too. You hear the music as the artist intended you to hear. Texture is realistic. With good amount of details, you are not drown in microdetails as if this is a studio monitor.

Engaging, balanced and musical is the best term to describe its sound. You can hear the records depth. Both the chorus at the 3rd line in the symphony or flute near and on your left, bass guitar starts at behind him slightly. Then the acoustic start on their opposite side of the recording room. At the same time crashes and drums are located at the back of them all. (Thanks to a. Hans Zimmer for Live in Prague b. Jethro Tull and their ~50 years of experience for producing this cover Bouree) or at any suitable song you can observe guitarists or violins notes clearly.

With that strong musical side, you hear no sibilance. No to sibilance and yes to imaging. Its one of the best I experienced for this price range. The other was another Japanese too. Final Audio e1000. Hearing the instruments as if they are solid is one thing, hearing the guitar players sneezes is so natural and life like is another. And especially male vocals double the fun at say Frank Zappa https://tidal.com/track/16605046 But with all these good sides, I must admit that mediocre records tend to ruin your experience by making trebles piercing.

If you want to read the details and see its actual photos: Here

Nov 22, 2020 at 5:03 AM Post #2 of 2
Here's a small review of the Acoustic Effect TRY-01:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/acoustic-effect-try-01.24777/reviews#item-review-24789

a17ba937-699f-4f58-a464-7f3bc8241cb3.jpg

TLDR:

Pros:

Good build, comfortable.
Excellent timbre for vocals and acoustic instruments for a pure BA setup.
Organic neutral tonality.
Good soundstage depth. Good instrument separation, imaging and details.
Smooth, no sibilance/fatigue.
Average isolation, considering bullet shape design.

Cons:
Non detachable cable, slightly microphonic.
Lack of subbass, not all rounder for bass forward music as such.
Needs amping to scale better.
No left and right marking – just a dot for left side on the cable insert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back