Ack! My "new" ppx3 is only playing sound out of one channel! Help!
Feb 3, 2005 at 3:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Jimix

New Head-Fier
I just got my ppx3 in the mail today from a head-fi'er and its only playing sound out of one channel. I have tried different everything, sources, cables, headphones, no dice. Is there anything you guys have heard that might be a quick fix? I would hate to have to send this off to get repaired before I got to even enjoy it
frown.gif
. Don't make me go back to my cmoy....please
frown.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #5 of 14
Can't he try switching the tubes for the left and right channel? That would at least confirm the notion of a bad tube.

<- Tube amp nOOb here, sorry if I'm totally off!

Feb 3, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 14
I feel so loved, PM sent. I tried jostling some of the tubes around while it was plugged in (tsk tsk I know) and I got some clicks out of the right channel, so that sounds like it. These were RCA cleartops too
frown.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Can't he try switching the tubes for the left and right channel? That would at least confirm the notion of a bad tube.

<- Tube amp nOOb here, sorry if I'm totally off!

Yes your right. But it might be a bad input tube with a bad left channel. He needs to switch them all around. I told him that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimix
I just wanted to let everybody know that it was the tubes that were causing my problems. Also, sacd lover is the coolest guy I know
biggrin.gif

Just when I start to lose faith in Head-Fi,
a story like this helps remind me why I like this place so much.
Bravo sacd lover.
I tip my head-fi hat to you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
This is why I love this place
wink.gif

sacdlover = class act!!
cool.gif

GS I'd rate you in that category as well! Not only have I learned a good bit from your posts, but you've certainly reached out to me in ways other Head-Fi'ers haven't.

*Applause for sacd lover and gsferrari*

I'm glad your "new" ppx3 is running now too, enjoy that luscious tube sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2005 at 5:58 AM Post #12 of 14
sacd lover has always gone above and beyond the call of duty in my dealings with him. Thanks buddy, and if there's anything I can do for you...

Feb 11, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #13 of 14
I'll second (3rd or 4th) to that! Over the years, I've met and talked to so many cool members! Some of them, went WAY out of their ways to help me and to answer my questions. Anyways, congrats on solving your problem Jimix and welcome to Team Singlepower!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimix
I just wanted to let everybody know that it was the tubes that were causing my problems. Also, sacd lover is the coolest guy I know
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back