Accutane bad or Good?
Jun 28, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

it works. i have remarkably clear skin, for a teenager at least, but still get acne on my forehead due to my long hair, excess oil etc etc and that regimen clears it up every time. i just need to stop touching my face now... but i'm so beautiful, yaknow?

Yeah, I tried that too (first 2.5%, then stepped up to 4%, for half a year)... Sad to say my problem is hormonal and not mainly due my face being dirty or teeming with opportunistic bacteria. That benzoyl peroxide stuff dries your skin like mad too. I read that the benzoyl peroxide increase epidermal turn-over and hence results in the flaky, dry skin. Apparently, you develop a tolerance to the chemical so I was advised to use as little as possible at the beginning and step up the dosage when required. Is it not also carcinogenic in the long term or large dosages? Anyway, I know benzoyl peroxide has worked for loads of people (and also caused bleaching of hair
biggrin.gif
). I'll ask my dermatologist next time about combining the benzoyl peroxide face cream with Roaccutane and myosporin.

My regime at the moment rubs away dead horny layer skin that can block sebaceous glands (exfoliating scrub), prevents growth of opportunistic bacteria by keeping a low pH (artificially using Sebamed. Low pH normally kept by fatty acid/oil secretions, but too much trapped in glands cause inflammation), kills bacteria that grows in sebaceous glands (myosporin), reduces oil production from sebaceous glands (Roaccutane), and maintains moisture (moisturisers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back